Adding sights to Ruger PC Carbine?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

DE1216

Bearcat
1. Has anyone added aftermarket sights to the takedown PC Carbine (19126) as backup for optics failure, or simply to use sights without optics?

2. I have not yet found mention if the PC Carbine will hold up with +P 9mm...... I have plenty of 115 gr and 124 gr std AND +P, hoping it handles any of those choices well.

D.

recumbent

Buckeye
From the owner's manual.
The RUGER® PC CARBINE™ is chambered for, and designed to properly
function with, only factory loaded 9mm Luger (Parabellum) standard, high
velocity, or +P ammunition, manufactured to U.S. industry standards.

NikA

Buckeye
I believe the TK sights are designed to fit the PC carbine without M-Lok forend. That said, the Ruger's blurb on that model says the forend has attachment points on all four sides, so presumably one could attach a small section of rail and mount BUIS for a 9mm AR.

ETA: apparently at least one company makes a front sight for direct M-Lok attachment. https://www.knightarmco.com/12643/shop/control-accessories/m-lok-micro-front-sight
They are not cheap though, I'd bet a rail and regular Pic mount BUIS would be cheaper.

bentblade

Single-Sixer
I added a rear peep to the standard PC Carbine a few years ago posted a bunch of picture and how to info. Should come up in a search.

bentblade

Single-Sixer
bentblade said:
I added a rear peep to the standard PC Carbine a few years ago posted a bunch of picture and how to info. Should come up in a search.

Search for these posts

WT, Good news, ? PC9 PICTURES ADDED

New rear sight for PC9 Part 2