added a single six to the stable

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rugerlovah

Single-Sixer
no good reason for it, other than i wanted one:

IMG_0828.jpg

i really liked the long barrel on this one. the gun is still lightweight enough that the long barrel doesn't cause it to seem bulky at all.

interestingly enough, this gun was $349 new. right next to it was a 4 5/8" model for $399 new. the salesman was at a loss to explain it. he thought at first that the 6.5" model didnt come with a magnum cylinder (which would have been ok), but that wasn't it. I think ... and yall can offer other opinions ... that the 6.5" model was there before a ruger price change, and the 4 5/8" model showed up after the price change.

anyway, i like the gun. it appears that ruger is still putting them together well. i would have much preferred that they stay with the wood grips, but i guess i can add some of those.

the trigger pull is really ... well ... terrible. very heavy and has the standard takeup/creep as well. i know a gunsmith that can straighten it out though.

all in all, its very cool, just like every other ruger SA ive had my hands on. 8) . looks good next to its cuz, too:

IMG_0829.jpg

wavehopr

Single-Sixer
Shorty Jenkins":2qm78mfx said:
Sort of like peanuts or potato chips, once you start you just can't get enough.

For me it's popcorn. Anyway, congrats on your find, and at a pretty good price. I just bought one last month in hopes it will help my shooting with my bigger calibers, without bankrupting me. You got that one at a pretty good price. Now, on to the ammo search. :D

rugerlovah

Single-Sixer
update:

I added some grips and a holster ... i'm actually surprised at how nice the triple K holster is. It isn't lined, so the gun will get some "character" i suppose. But it seems to be well-constructed, and fits the gun perfectly:

IMG_0831.jpg

IMG_0832.jpg

flatgate

Hawkeye
Those ARE nice holsters! Just don't store the gun in the holster.....

Oh, and you mentioned "long barrel"..... :)

Nah, here's the long barrel...
132835046.jpg

:D

flatgate