AcuSport--Ruger 10/22 Light Varmint Target rifles

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hpman66

Hunter
http://www.acusport.com/AcuSportWeb/

rug_1234R_sml.jpg

rug_1235%20copy_sml.jpg

RUG_1237R%20copy_sml.jpg

BELLEFONTAINE, OHIO –-(AmmoLand.com)- AcuSport Corporation, a leading distributor of shooting and hunting products announces that they will sell three new Ruger 10/22 Light Varmint Target rifles.

These specially made Ruger 10/22's will provide AcuSport customers with an opportunity to sell unique products in the marketplace.

All three Ruger target guns offer a .705 muzzle diameter 20" target barrel, target trigger, extended magazine release, rubber butt pad and sling swivels on a checkered, walnut stained hardwood stock. These features add visual appeal and improved performance to the standard Ruger 10/22 offering.

The first gun in the series features a satin stainless steel finish (Item #1234R), the second gun has a blue finish (Item #1235) and the third provides retailers with a two-tone finish and a polished stainless steel barrel (Item #1237R).

First shipments of these products have arrived and are available to ship to AcuSport customers.

Based in Bellefontaine, Ohio, AcuSport Corporation is a nationwide distributor of shooting and hunting products with regional sales offices in Pennsylvania, Georgia, Minnesota, Texas, Montana and California. Independent retailers, who would like to place an order, please call 1-800-543-3150 or visit www.acusport.com for additional product information.

cgb

Bearcat
I saw one of these at my local gun store the other day. It had a very nice stock, but $400 was a little to much for me to choke down.

chet15

Hawkeye
Does anybody know what Ruger's actual catalog number (not model number) is for the two-tone model?
Chet15

jason

Bearcat
i just got 1 of the new 10-22 rugers from acusport. what im woundering is if the satin SS can be buffed to a high gloss?

Morton Co.

Bearcat
Chet15

My rifle box says Catalog No. 10/22-LVTSB. Model 01237 Hawkeye Matte B.

Morton Co.

jason":2kevxuiq said:
i just got 1 of the new 10-22 rugers from acusport. what im woundering is if the satin SS can be buffed to a high gloss?

you can probably buff the barrel but for sure not the receiver.

I'd leave it alone, that grey color is a much nicer look to me.

I've got a shiny stainless barrel I'd like to buff down to target grey.

chet15

Hawkeye
Morton Co.":3ll24rc5 said:
Chet15
My rifle box says Catalog No. 10/22-LVTSB. Model 01237 Hawkeye Matte B.
Morton Co.

Thanks Morton Co. Been looking for that.
Now I just need some sn's to document in the reference.
Chet15

Howie

Bearcat
I just bought the stainless model, can't wait to get a scope on it and get out and try it out. It was the last one at our local store and they said they could not get anymore. Don't know if there was any truth to that. I paid $325.

Howie

Bearcat
I guess that was a lie. I just got an email back from Acusport and they said they still have models available for there dealers. They also told me that Ruger only made a 1000 of these for Acusport. I'm assuming that's a 1000 of each of three models. That is kind of neat knowing I have one of a 1000 made. Not so likely to run into someone with the same gun.

Coop

Blackhawk
Too bad you all can't use them in Pennsylvania for varmints.

My tricked out, bull barreled, thumbhole laminated stocked, Leupold equipped, 10/22 is only good for target shooting here in PA - bummer. It does shoot sub-dime sized groups at 50 yards from a rest with Wally World Federal bulk ammo.

Coop

Howie

Bearcat
1gunsnotenough said:
Has anyone shoot one? And if so how is the trigger?

Jeff Quin who posted above wrote a review on this.

http://www.gunblast.com/Acusport1022s.htm

oldkat

Bearcat
:roll: I have decided I want one of the Model 10/22 Light Varmint Target Rifle .22's to build a Liberty Training rifle for Appleseed, but I can not find one. Acusport says Ruger is making more this year but does not know when the will be shipped. Anybody know where one might be for sale. Thanks!

Quattroclick

Single-Sixer
I bought one in December, and they were very scarce at the time. However, if you are going to go with open sights on your Liberty Training Rifle, my thought would be to start with a deluxe sporter instead and do a little trigger work, and maybe have the bolt worked over. I really like my LVT, but honestly, I haven't yet duplicated the same accuracy Jeff Quinn found in his review on Gun Blast.

CraigC

Hawkeye
You can also build one. Both Shilen and Clark offer mid-weight barrels, similar to the one on the LVT. Mine is a little different with the Boyd's stock but I almost went with a walnut DSP.

LTR%2001.jpg

oldkat

Bearcat
Thanks for the info. I want to use Tech-sights on this project. I used them on a $99 Marlin and I was putting 9 out of 10 shots under a quarter at 25 yards. The miss was operator error! i am checking out the 1102 Sporter.