AcuSport--Ruger 10/22 Light Varmint Target rifles

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Fishman777

Bearcat
CraigC said:
You can also build one. Both Shilen and Clark offer mid-weight barrels, similar to the one on the LVT. Mine is a little different with the Boyd's stock but I almost went with a walnut DSP.

LTR%2001.jpg

Quick question:

Do the mid-weight barrels fit on stocks that are built for .920 " barrels? I thought I read that the midweight barrels start at .920" and taper to .720 at the muzzle. Is this true?

oldkat

Bearcat
Similar question. Do you use the .920 bull barrel stock on the .705 Ruger Light Target Varmint LVT rifles? I want to put a Hogue on one.

CraigC

Hawkeye
Yes, all barrels start at .920" and go from there. The midweight barrels typically end up around .720" - .730". Mine above is in a bull barrel stock and while there is a gap, it's not too unsightly. I first installed this stock and had to open up the barrel channel with a barrel channel rasp.

Nodak%20NDS-22-18b.jpg

oldkat

Bearcat
What sights and barrel are you using? I like your set up and would like to build something similar with a Hogue ghillie green stock. Thanks!

dbracing

Bearcat
Just ordered mine today from LGS. All that is available to him was the polished stainless/black which was not my first choice, but at $288 I couldn't resist.

CraigC

Hawkeye
Clark 21.5" mid-weight barrel. Nodak receiver and rear sight housing with a Tech Sights TS200 module for more elevation adjustment. The front sight is the later model Tech Sights steel tower on a Marble's base.

oldkat

Bearcat
CraigC said:
Clark 21.5" mid-weight barrel. Nodak receiver and rear sight housing with a Tech Sights TS200 module for more elevation adjustment. The front sight is the later model Tech Sights steel tower on a Marble's base.
Thanks for the info!

Richbaker

Blackhawk
Very easy install, the rear use the holes for the scope mount. You do have to drift the front out and the new sight back in, but it goes pretty quickly...

I'd sure like to have one of these light-target 10/22's. Unfortunately, since the short-sighted gunshops in my area would not carry such a gun, I've gotta wait til I see one available here.

WAYNO.

RICKSR

Bearcat
RUGER MODEL 10/22 LIGHT VARMINT TARGET, #1237 LVTSB, 22LR, 18.5:" TARGET BARREL, STAINLESS, WOOD STOCK

jtholsters

Bearcat
CraigC said:

What size marble base did you use for this. I have an lvt and would love to get setup. Also did you drill your own barrel?

Thanks so much