accuracy?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

OnTarget

Bearcat
New to the carbine world. I am looking into either an AR style carbine or the mini 14 tactical ruger makes, and was wondering how much difference there is in accuracy between the two. I understand there are a lot of issues that determine accuracy, but overall what are the opinions of each. Thanks!

Sig685

Single-Sixer
Must. Resist. Temptation.

Search is your friend.

You will notice the folks who post range results about their SR-556 are raving about the accuracy. You will never find a similar report from a stock Mini-14.

I admire your discipline Sig!

OnTarget:

The mini-14 is a very popular rifle and many of us love it... but, if you are wanting 'target' accuracy then a good quality AR is much more likely to give you that. The newer heavier barreled mini might, just might.... but I hate gambling 6-700 dollars on a 'might'.

Sig685

Single-Sixer
Thanks Blume. It was definitely one of the hardest things I have ever endured. I so wanted to explain that "accuracy" and "mini-14" can only go into the same sentence if there is a strong negative in there also.

It's actually fun to read the many Sr-556 range reports and see how happy and surprised folks are at what accuracy is possible with a real rifle.

Ruger has come a long way.