Accuracy: SR9 vs P95 vs XD9

Help Support Ruger Forum:

brianr34

Bearcat
If anyone has experience shooting both the SR9 and P95, up to 25 yds, can you please give feedback on which one is more accurate?

Since the SR9 is a newer gun, does it have better sights than the P95?

Also, I would like to get feedback on the Springfield Armory XD9 service model if anyone has shot them.

I currently own a P95 with stock sights and my accuracy is not very good. It may be related to the bulky feeling of the gun. My hands are not very large, and it is hard to get comfortable with the grip.

Thanks.

railroader

Single-Sixer
I usually shoot my handguns at 10 to 15 yards. As for accuracy I can compare a p95 with an xd9 I use to have. Overall I find that the xd9 had a little better accuracy than my p95. I liked the trigger better on the xd which seemed easier to shoot accurately. The xd had some takeup on the trigger but the p95 has a lot which throws me off if I'm shooting quickly. The xd trigger also broke cleaner. The grip on the xd is also smaller then on the p95. The trigger reach is shorter on the xd. That said I think the p95 makes a great home defense gun but I won't be using it to shoot pistol matches. Mark

Wild Bill '67

Single-Sixer
I don't think there is inherently anything more accurate about the XD9 over the P95. The P95 has a more "mushy" trigger than the XD in my experience. That may account for groupings.

Shouldn't be anything to worry about. None of the three are "target pistols" and all have combat accuracy should the need arise.

shaner

Bearcat
i find on mine i shoot the xd9 better i have several xd's and the trigger is a lot different, it points for me better the grip and everything , but i also like my 95's , which ive put hiviz sights on and truglo on the xd's you will find as stated above they ares target guns , they are combat pistol so that is how to look at accuracy ,

Spike12

Bearcat
Remember; there is no true ONE answer to such a question. If there was I don't think we have the broad selection of products available to us as US customers.

These things are pretty much personal experience and preferences. Furthermore, I don't thing you're going to more than about 10% variance in 'accuracy' in guns made now like you may have years ago.

I think they're all pretty damn good by comparison. If you're shoot at zombies or bg's does it really make difference it your best groups are 1in vs. 1.75in??? Accuracy is only one piece of the puzzle.

Bigfoot62

Bearcat
I own a bunch of Rugers, and like them. However, I find that I can shoot my XD9 better than the P95. I've never fired the SR9. BTW, I can also shoot my XD45 better than a Sig P220. (but them's fightin' words to the State Troopers here that carry the Sig)
Like Spike said, there's no one answer to this question. It's a matter of personal preference.