Absolute CRAP ammo. Perfecta (9mm.) Runs good now!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Update! At today's gun show, I traded my Desert Eagle .50AE for some cash and a Sig P229 Stainless Elite (9mm.) to give to my wife. We shot it and it runs this Perfecta stuff perfectly...very reliable and very accurate!

Traded at the Will Rogers gun show today.

Also, today at the gun show, I sold my Argentina contract Hi Power (with 2 mec-gar mags) and sold my Eagle Six compound crossbow with arrows and scope. It was a good day! Tomorrow I will rest and post some pics!

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
P94/GP100 said:
I've been very pleased with ATK/Federal Champion Aluminum cased 115gr ball 9mm, which Walmart sells for about $10 'Murrican per box.... (and the similar AK/Federal Champion .45 ACP 230 gr Aluminum cased ball, which goes for $15....)

Best, Jon

I have shot CCI Blazer aluminum in the past and found it acceptable but recently I was shown some Federal Champion aluminum case stuff that was absolute garbage, really bad. Same parent company (ATK), completely different ammunition.

Mike J

Hunter
Cheesewhiz said:
P94/GP100 said:
I've been very pleased with ATK/Federal Champion Aluminum cased 115gr ball 9mm, which Walmart sells for about $10 'Murrican per box.... (and the similar AK/Federal Champion .45 ACP 230 gr Aluminum cased ball, which goes for $15....)

Best, Jon

I have shot CCI Blazer aluminum in the past and found it acceptable but recently I was shown some Federal Champion aluminum case stuff that was absolute garbage, really bad. Same parent company (ATK), completely different ammunition.

I bought a box of the Federal Champion aluminum stuff last time I was at Wal Mart. I guess I'll find out how it does in my little cheapo Taurus. It might be a good test. I'm still kinda watching to see if this little gun will fail.

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
Mike J said:
Cheesewhiz said:
P94/GP100 said:

Best, Jon

I bought a box of the Federal Champion aluminum stuff last time I was at Wal Mart. I guess I'll find out how it does in my little cheapo Taurus. It might be a good test. I'm still kinda watching to see if this little gun will fail.

Mike, it might fail with these.

Mike J

Hunter
It has been a while but I got one box of the .40 Federal Champion brass stuff that had the bullets set back badly like that. I knew the box was beat up when I bought it but it was when ammunition was hard to find so I bought it anyway. It was one of the 100 round bulk boxes they sell. I'm pretty sure something heavy had pushed against it. I shot most of the ammo & picked out the bad ones. I don't care to have a gun blow up in my hand.

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
No setbacks, no shipping damage, the same length as the few others that were sorta normal. Another box that I saw was not as crappy and also the same length. This was a misalignment issue in manufacturing.

Mike J

Hunter
I see now Cheese. I guess I was being dense. I was just looking at where the case looked kind of bulged out & thought the bullet had been pushed back.

Well the perfecta garbage ran fine in my CZs and 938s! I still have 4 boxes (of 10) left over. Maybe another range trip is in order!

IMAG0349_zpseuup3jod.jpg

Update to this thread... This perfecta crap ammo ran well at our last range trip. Trying to post a video of Chelsea shooting it through her Sig P229. Photobucket is having a hard time. Maybe I can upload to YouTube and link here...

I have a pic of the target somewhere... But I gotta find it on this phone.

Danno

Bearcat
No problems here. Went through two boxes this weekend. 100 rounds, 100 bangs.

Ran them through my S&W 909. But it eats everything anyway.

GKC

Blackhawk
I've seen it at our local Walmart, and it is cheap. I've never tried it, though...and don't plan to. I don't reload, and I'd rather spend a little more on good quality ammo. Some things are cheap for a reason, as I read recently... :lol:

Latest posts