Absolute CRAP ammo. Perfecta (9mm.) Runs good now!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

This stuff is absolute CRAP! Perfecta (cheap Wal-Mart ammo) Failed in a friend's Sig P228 (thought it was the gun at first, then failed in a p89 the accuracy sucks but they eat anything... THEN failed in my Argentina contract Browning Hi-Power!!!

What are your experiences with Perfecta ammo?

revhigh

Hawkeye
I never BUY ammo ... I MAKE ammo ... So couldn't tell ya. :D

REV

roylt

Hunter
I bought a box to try last time I was at walmart. It is made by tula so I assume it is dirty. Hopefully go shooting tomorrow so should be able to report back.

tuna

Bearcat
No problem in my lc9s. I like cheap crappy ammo, it increases the odds of a failure, which gives me practice clearing it.

Mike J

Hunter
I don't reload so I appreciate the heads up. I haven't used Perfecta though. I honestly don't think I've seen any around here.

Robes

Single-Sixer
I read where Fiocchi is making this ammo for Tulammo? I have had lousy luck with Russian ammo. It did not feed in my Mini 30, and in my PA-63 Makarov I have had 10 misfires out of 100 rounds (Silver Bear) attributed to hard primers

OTOH,... I have had GREAT luck with Fiocchi....

roylt

Hunter
Well I just got back from the range. This is the first perfecta I have shot. 50 rounds of 9mm thru a new (less than 50 rounds thru it) LC9s Pro. All went bang and down range as they were designed to. Hit paper every time but this is only the second time I have shot this little gun. I do like it.

So perfecta is good in my book and at 10.50 a box retail it isn't bad.

Box says made in Italy and distributed by tula ammo usa.

roylt

Hunter
Side note, I have yet to find a Ruger that doesn't like ammo.

I do tinker from time to time and have caused issues with gun but that is not Rugers fault. After I re-fixed it, it was a ammo eater again.

Don't own any sigs or brownings.

Well a buckmark. Almost forgot.

My Sig P938 equinox gobbled this perfecta up! Never experienced issues before with the other guns mentioned.! Hmmm. The Browning has a crap aftermarket mag, could be the issue. I'm ordering some better mags soon.

P94/GP100

Single-Sixer
I've been very pleased with ATK/Federal Champion Aluminum cased 115gr ball 9mm, which Walmart sells for about $10 'Murrican per box.... (and the similar AK/Federal Champion .45 ACP 230 gr Aluminum cased ball, which goes for $15....)

Best, Jon

FergusonTO35

Hunter
I have had great luck with it, very accurate and clean burning, no failures of any kind. I prefer to roll my own too but brass does wear out and has to be replaced at some point.

miniman

Single-Sixer
i have fired well over a 1000 rds of perfecta not 1 issue and my reloader buddy said the brass is very good he likes it.one has to wonder and no one asked do you clean your guns?its also fairly accurate in our guns great target ammo and cheap.not sure why you had problems.

Ok. Not sure why his P228 was having issues with the perfecta, but after obtaining 2 new mec-gar magazines and dumping the old aftermarket in the trash. The Hi Power runs this stuff great now.

I found out his P89 had some prior feeding issues in the past.

So my Hi Power and P938 both run the stuff. The other 2 guns mentioned aren't mine so I can't say. I'll have to try it in my CZs...

I don't feel so bad now. :-D

mn_doggie

Bearcat
roylt said:
I bought a box to try last time I was at walmart. It is made by tula so I assume it is dirty. Hopefully go shooting tomorrow so should be able to report back.

It is manufactured by Fiocchi in Italy and sold under a Tula label. I've fired a bunch of it is a few differnt 9mm pistols and never had a problem.

Busterswoodshop

Buckeye
I have shot quite a bit of Perfecta ammo in quite a few different guns and have had very good luck with it.
I have had no problems whatsoever with it.
It might be owned by Tula but if I remember right it is made in Italy.

LarryBG

Bearcat
I bought 2 boxes of .380 Perfecta ammo. On both boxes, most of the case rims had very round edges and the extractor would just ride over the rim and not extract. A shooting buddy has shot several boxes of different caliber Perfecta with no problems.