A visit with Forum Members

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Sometime back in planning our trip out to the Bighorn and staying in Sheridan, WY I noticed this character on the Forum with the name of noahmercy was from the area. Reaching out to him was golden as he provided a number of tips on places to eat and information about the local area. Patrick and his Wife Angle were kind enough to take some time out of their day to meet us for lunch, at one of their local eatery that they frequent. Great visit and fellowship, it's always a pleasure to meet up with some of our members while roaming the country side.

Forum Member IMG_2078.jpg

But wait there is some more. Now being a people persons, Linda and I never hesitate to strike up a conversation with friendly people. After lunch with Patrick and Angel, Linda just had one more stop she wanted to make in Dayton, WY a few miles north of Sheridan. She saw some Jewelry in a shop we stop at after a hike, she just had to have. Now why she didn't get it while we were there....must be a female thing....I don't know. While in this establishment I noticed a blue military hat laying off to the side, picked it up and asked about it. I noticed the insignia was from the RAF, the lady helping Linda said oh that's my fathers hat. At that point this little man came from around the corner. He must have taken a liking to me as we talked about his WW II experience as a tail gunner in the British Lancaster bombers. We must have talked for an hour about his missions. Then on to how he and his wife arrived in America and living in Washington state and moving to the small town of Dayton, WY. English Eddie, Jewelry Designer, 96 years old. I asked his Daughter if anyone was documenting his life's journey, she said there was someone recording his story to be put on paper. What a wonderful day, lunch with Patrick and Angel and meeting Eddie Donner. If any of you are in the area I highly suggest a visit with both. Eddie seemed to be sharp as a tack so he may be around for a while.

English Eddie Donnor  IMG_1938.jpg

contender

Ruger Guru
ALWAYS fun to meet new Forum members,, and it can lead to meeting other interesting folks. Sounds like you struck gold there.

LAH

Buckeye
I've met several people from forums & all have been positive. WW2 guys are a joy.

akbluz

Single-Sixer
Sounds like a great experience all around meeting such nice folks.
I've have only met 2 RugerForum members here in Alaska but truly enjoyed my time with both of them.

noahmercy

Single-Sixer
Thank you for visiting, partner! Angel and I very much enjoyed our time with you and Linda, and hope your trip here was a pleasant one. If you two make it out this way in the future, don't hesitate to look us up again...and if you have any "extra" time, maybe we can head out to the Sportsmans Club and do some shooting.

Latest posts