A Thanksgiving Message from Steve Harvey

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Snake45

Hawkeye
As some of you might know, 2022 has probably been my worst year EVER for a number of reasons I won't get into here. But today, I find myself in an unusually happy and grateful mood, and am looking forward to tomorrow being the best Thanksgiving ever, even though The Lovely Mrs. Snake and I will be celebrating it by ourselves (no family). The trick is to be GRATEFUL for whatever you have. If you can truly achieve this, things can start to get easier.

The great Steve Harvey explains the concept pretty well here (if the link doesn't auto-embed, you might have to copy and paste). I wish each of you a Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving. ;) (y)

turd

Buckeye
Sorry you had a bad year. The concept of being thankful is well taken. We had several bad years in a row and
I started thinking I was on God's hit list. Then I started realizing all the things He had helped us miss in those years.

I'm thankful you and the Mrs. are yet with us among a multitude of other things. Happy Thanksgiving!

Mobuck

Hawkeye
Looking out my back door at two roll off dumpsters containing over 40 years accumulation of tools and equipment it seems difficult to be Thankful. On the other hand, I still have a back door from which to look out and for which I am truly thankful.
2022 has been a really difficult year beginning to end. I can only hope that the future is a bit better. I guess that's the premise of being a farmer--hoping the next year will be better.

Snake45

Hawkeye
You watch Steve Harvey ? :D
Not per se, but lately I've become addicted to YouTube "shorts," and can sit and watch them for hours. It's the perfect hobby for the ADD-afflicted. Among all the shuffle dances, amazing feats/stunts, practical jokes, and comedy lines are a lot of Steve Harvey clips, such as this one, taken from Family Feud and other places. I've become quite a Steve Harvey fan. If he's not doing or saying something absolutely hilarious, he's saying something amazingly wise and profound, such as this clip. I hope you enjoyed it. Happy Thanksgiving! ;)

Johnnu2

Buckeye
Many years ago, I was told a couple of things that have proven true for me..!
1) When you are feeling like life isn't worth living, help someone else..... after awhile, you forget your own problems.
2) Every night, when you close your eyes for sleep, sincerely give thanks for the day you just had.

Happy Thanksgiving

J.

Latest posts