A taste of Idaho

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Colonel Daddy

Buckeye
cphilip":2gtzjbee said:
Speaking of light honey and bees, we have a split season here where we get our light honey out in the early Summer and then if we are lucky we get a late Summer batch of Dark honey that we like to call "Sour Wood" honey... that we have convinced the flat landers is special and is worthy of more money. Now, normally dark honey doesn't sell as good, as you know. But we have turned it into a delicacy through repeated lies... um... erm... I mean marketing....

Here are the two side by side. Note the light honey (in this case with chunk of comb) is from the very same hive only about two months or so apart.

In actuality, people do find the darker honey to be milder and smoother in flavor.
On a recent trip to east Tennessee, we bought a number of different honey's, light and dark, including the "Sourwood Honey". I found it to be very tasty on biscuits and a fine sweetner for hot tea!
Never met a honey I didn't like!

Parker

Bearcat
flyinfred":2djfcm5p said:
OK
'nuff already....where's the recipe for the biscuits??????????

please????

I'm with Flyinfred! Dick, do you think she would let you post the recipe for the biscuits? I've got a lot of homemade Raspberry jam (and Blackberry and Strawberry-Rhubarb and a heavenly concoction my mother-in law from Malad calls Pear Honey) to consume before Summer when my wife makes more and those biscuits look they would really help me do it!

Parker