A Ruger No.1 that would sell a lot....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Alan in GA

Single-Sixer
Let's try this: Suppose you are THE decision maker at Ruger. Your job is to bring out ONE No.1 rifle for a production run. Your job is to choose ONE THAT WILL BE PROFITABLE for the company,.. ...NOT just 'your favorite',.. but a rifle and cartridge you believe will SELL high numbers.
Got one in mind? (358 Win might float my boat, but not necessarily make the company a good profit!).

Me? I'd love a 358 Win or stainless 30/30, HOWEVER,.. I think the 35 Remington is a more recognized and 'sellable' round, at least here in Georgia. I'd buy one!

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
Before even seeing your last paragraph the 35 Rem popped into my head right off the bat. I'd prefer a stainless laminate in something like a light 1A and a 22" barrel but I'd still buy one in blued if they'd make em! The biggest reason I would prefer the stainless is a rifle like that would get plenty of time in the field and they are so easy to keep nice even a caveman can do it!

Shooters of No. 1 rifles are a small percentage of the Ruger customer base. As far as I know, the No. 1 hasn't been profitable for years. That being said, I believe it would need to be in a modern popular center fire cartridge probably on the 1A platform. Maybe a .308 Win chambering.

Personally, I would buy a 1A in .348 Win as long as fit and finish is excellent and the wood is nicely figured.

Dave

Single-Sixer
Heliman said:
Shooters of No. 1 rifles are a small percentage of the Ruger customer base. As far as I know, the No. 1 hasn't been profitable for years. That being said, I believe it would need to be in a modern popular center fire cartridge probably on the 1A platform. Maybe a .308 Win chambering.

Personally, I would buy a 1A in .348 Win as long as fit and finish is excellent and the wood is nicely figured.

Dave

I concur with everything said here. I also think a stainless RSI would sell, as far as I know, the only one ever done was the latest .308.

Rocdoc

Buckeye
I like the 30-30 idea in SS, K1S 20 inch walnut or laminate, I would buy one. Not sure we will see a K1RSI edition again for a bit unless Lipseys turns it into a series, but hopeful.

collectormzornes

Blackhawk
257 Roberts or 280 or finally make a 22lr couldn't make them fast enough I think if the price was good.

trapperon

Blackhawk
I'm in Dave's camp---a 348 in 1A would be an all time favorite for me. And gosh--you would think a run of 250 would go quickly as thats only 5 for each state. I know Michigan's share would be sold out in 1 day!!

Ron

firecaptain

Single-Sixer
trapperon said:
I'm in Dave's camp---a 348 in 1A would be an all time favorite for me. And gosh--you would think a run of 250 would go quickly as thats only 5 for each state. I know Michigan's share would be sold out in 1 day!!

Ron

Sign me up! A 348 on a 1S configuration.

Alan in GA

Single-Sixer
Sugar River said:
It will never happen, but.......
I'd love to see a No 1 with the action scaled down to rimfire size.

I think those would sell a lot in all the rim fire rounds.

Kanook

Buckeye
I'm in for a 357 max.

I'd hope they would make it in an American also (that way I can afford it before it was dropped)