A purty Smith......

Help Support Ruger Forum:

This is a Model 19-4 that I "acquired" about a month ago. I was going to sell it, but darn, it is sure purty!
19-4003.jpg

19-4001.jpg

19-4002.jpg

19-4005.jpg

Dave :)

mm6mm6

Blackhawk
The lines, blueing, and handsomely grained handles of the at revolver sure look great! I had one just like it with the 6" barrel but the grips weren't as nice as yours.

As much as I liked it, I just couldn't take hot .357 Magnum loads in it. I found the L-frame 6" with the heavy underlug tamed the recoil better in my hands. I'll never let go of my 686 now!

But that 19 sure looks good!

yessir, that is a fine looking gun, and I kept mine for YEARS, and loved shooting it,mainly 38 special.....but as 'mm6mm6' says and I agree, with 'magnums' much prefer the 'L- framed guns............

oregon73

Blackhawk
Very curious to know what other projects you're funding by letting that beautiful Model 19 go.

They don't make them like that anymore, you know, and they never will again.

Rob

oregon73":1o6dsu7d said:
Very curious to know what other projects you're funding by letting that beautiful Model 19 go.

Rob

I have an opportunity for an ANIB Ruger #3 44 mag. They don't make them anymore either. I only need the 44 Mag to round out my #3 herd. don't get me wrong, I would love to be able to keep the Smith, but something has to go. Christmas time and funds are short. My deadline is January 1st.

Dave :wink:

oregon73

Blackhawk
Heliman":2ka42b6p said:
oregon73":2ka42b6p said:

Rob

I have an opportunity for an ANIB Ruger #3 44 mag. They don't make them anymore either. I only need the 44 Mag to round out my #3 herd. don't get me wrong, I would love to be able to keep the Smith, but something has to go. Christmas time and funds are short. My deadline is January 1st.

Dave :wink:

Makes complete sense then to round out your #3 collection. Best of luck selling the Smith. I actually had to think about it for a while. Always wanted one with a 6'' tube. :)

Rob

Wild Bill '67

Single-Sixer
Heliman,

That is one nice looking 19-4. I just like the looks of the older P&R Smiths. Nice bluing, great actions. I also have a "thing" for the fixed sighted Colt Police Positives, Official Police and New Service revolvers.

Still, you will get no guff from me on your choice to sell. A #3 to round out your collection is a sensible choice. Got to make hard choices in these times and you did.

Maybe post a pic of the #3 when you bring it home.

Latest posts