A Personal Question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JiminMaine

Single-Sixer
Well, besides being new my family really doesn't like to do anything I do . But I will post some pics from my up and coming hunting season in about a week. I am the only guy in my house. 3 daughters all of which like doing anything else besides hanging with dad. But I will try and make my post interesting
3 daughters, that sounds like poor planning. My wife and I had 6 kids, boy,girl,boy,girl, twins (boy, girl. Then when my girls started have in kids the first had 4, boy, girl, boy,girl. The next one had 4, boy,girl,boy,girl. None of the others want to break the streak.

You just have to plan better.

Jim, be proud of your family. I enjoy the photos and stories. I have two wives (not at the same time), five kids, three grandkids, five great grandkids. Some of my kids, grandkids, and great grandkids photos have been posted here but never a last name or where they live. This forum is like an extended family.

Last edited:

Ranger

Bearcat
Privacy issues mainly. I remember one time years ago... a guy on a forum from another country posted something I thought was dangerously revealing. With just a few different searches based upon what he had posted, I was able to find out a whole lot of stuff about him.

protoolman

Hunter
I have been a member here from almost the beginning. I come here for the Ruger talk mostly. I enjoy the general forum too for random chat at times. I think there have been about 5 people over the years who got (in my opinion) way too personal. I'm thinking of the disabled guy who had many of us sending him money and supplies, one guy that posted all his relationship ups and downs with girlfriends and a few who posted pics of family a lot sharing tons of family details that no one needs to know except family. I choose more privacy personally. My family is huge in aviation for instance but I tend to discuss that other places. I'm also into steam power shows and motorcycles and veteran groups but as stated I have other places to focus on those things.

Hey Guys,
Thank you for all of your responses. I found it very interesting to the reason given for not posting.
The main one being protecting of your privacy. That I understand and respect.
Since I'm an open book, well some friends say I have a few pages missing, :) with nothing to hide or fear from what people might find out about me. I don't see that being a problem.
Everything about my family and me is already on Military Web Sight Info, my address is in the phone book, name is on SASS and clubs along with pictures, FAA site, aircraft registration. so on and so on. People are pretty easy to find now days. So I hide in plain sight:)
The one post that thought my SS number was posted actually it is A&P mechanics # which is in all the aircraft log books that have been inspected and can be found on the FAA site.
Thanks again Guys,
Jim
Protoolman That is a shame I would like to hear about your aviation family. I don't have a clue the aviation sites you go to.

Robb,
That is fantastic about your Son being awarded The Bronze Star.

Trey was awarded Two Legion Of Merits which gets him free parking at Texas airports:) He should have received an Air Medal for one of the rescue missions he flew while in the Red Sea. But it didn't happen

I'm the same way... when I first joined up I had noticed that a lot of folks on gun forums will have a nebulous location listed.... I thought about it for a moment while registering here and decided I was going to list where I live for the simple reason I'm terrible at hiding the truth....

I think posting stuff you are doing and family things is just fine... heck if people don't want to read it, they don't have to.

WV460hunter

Bearcat
They are 17,19,21 ..I'm a minority in my family .
So Monday at 1000am I shot this small 7pt didn't have the biggest rack but had decent body and then Saturday seen this Bibcat while sitting at the base of a white oak. Has been a interesting week shot the Buck with a 460 at about 55-60 yards 300 grain handcart Lee mold over 40 grain of H110 dropped him like a sledge hammer .

Attachments

• 20221126_155009.jpg
    20221126_155009.jpg
    406.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 20221121_102030.jpg
    20221121_102030.jpg
    911.2 KB · Views: 29

bobski

Hunter
i dont have family. just my wife.
i tried to make a new family with my vanzant shoot but no one here wants to come. less reality and too much cyber stuff is effecting real life events. being honest.

eveled

Hunter
@bobski It wasn’t that we didn’t want to come. I can think of few things Id rather do than visit you and shoot. Priority now is family and working to pay bills.

@Wyandot Jim Ive always enjoyed your posts. You have an awesome family.

UmpquaCharlie

Buckeye
Jim, I always appreciate reading and viewing your material. Please keep posting. I don't post as I am paranoid and my identy has been stolen to the point they were able to get into my bank account.
Regards

I’m new here, but I won’t post a lot of family stuff. I’ve been a member at a Jeep forum for 20 years- some of the big stuff like relocating I will post there, but again most personal stuff I don’t. My reasoning is that the reason most of us are here is because of our love of firearms, and you may not care about my personal life. I’ve been pretty self sufficient my whole life, so maybe that’s where it comes from.

I also have privacy concerns. There are entities that use publicly shared info for their benefit- so why make it easy on them? And the latest push to use social media and forum activity to determine your suitability to exercise a Constitunally protected right makes me concerned.

If you want to share, that’s great. If you need a prayer, I’m here for you. And if you need help, just ask.

My wife says it’s because I’m a grumpy old man. She could be right.

Hvymax

Blackhawk
Hey Guys,
I have been on this great Forum since 2003 with over 5400 post. Wow almost 20 years where does the time go? A lot of my post have been stories and pictures about me, my Kids, Grandkids, Flying, Fishing , Camping, Cars, SASS Shooting and Guns plus many other subjects. I don't do this to show off or brag, but to share my joys and family events with you. The main reason I started the past Rugerfest was to meet as many Guys on here as possible. That was a great experience we made good friends and I wish we could have continued.
I think more of a lot of the members on here than most other people and I also share more with you than most others. I know from the responses that you do care.
After seeing todays Veteran Day post. It got me to thinking about what I'm doing by posting so many pictures. I might be going a little overboard with my post.. Yes I posted pictures and Bios about my family in one of them and I'm proud of what they have done. I only saw one other post with pictures of family in it. Thank you I know how hard it is on the Parent to have a Kid in the Military.

SOOOOOOOOOOO the question is why don't more of you post about your family events? I would think that there are more of you with Military Kids and other family members that have preformed Great accomplishments. Remember 1 picture is worth at least 3 words:) Don't make me feel so embarrassed.
Those such as Cholo, Kevin, Wayno and others that posted their adventures, I thank you very much and keep it up. I know it takes time and effort, especially if you are a two finger typer like I am.
Well time to quit rambling. I think you'll know what I trying to say.
Thanks
Kids are grown and Grand is still a toddler.

Latest posts