A Pair of New Ruger 10/22s

Help Support Ruger Forum:

QB

Single-Sixer
Well now I have two P89s and two 10/22s. Looks like I'm building up quite a little Ruger family :D

Picked up my new 10/22 compacts today. I just love the short 16" barrels and smaller stock. Will clean, lube and get them ready to go to the range this weekend. Haven't shot a 10/22 before but think they will be fun range guns. I will probably end up installing the rails and using Aimpoint H-1 optics on them.

My camera doesn't reflect the colors of the stocks correctly but I'll try to take pictures in better light this weekend. One is black laminate and other is purple/black laminate. The purple/black laminate isn't as "bright purple" as some of the pictures I've seen on the web. In fact, if I knew it was somewhat subdued I would have purchased 2 of the purple/black rather than one of each. But the pictures sure looked purple on the internet.

Haven't had time to do a search or even read the manual, but can these be dry fired? TIA

Ruger10223x6.jpg

QB

Single-Sixer
Thanks for the info. I can hardly stand to dry fire a gun either (I use snap caps). But I had a friend ask to try the trigger and I didn't have a snap cap handy and I didn't really know if dry firing was OK or not.

I love a 16" barrel but would use a regular length stock with it. The only advantage to a longer barrel on a 22lr is if you are using iron sights.

I've got a 10/22 with a 16" Greenmountain barrel that I've put the tech sights on (I think that's the name) that are close to AR15 sights and now I'm saving up for either a TAPCO or ATI AR stock to get the rifle close to the same... then try to find the time to do an Appleseed weekend.

Oh, and yes dry firing is fine. I agree, it's not something I like to just sit and do, but is okay to see how the trigger is and just to make sure the hammer is falling when you get done messing with the trigger works.

QB

Single-Sixer
yep, I think I'll put a fullsize stock on the black laminate one. A friend of mine will be shooting the purple/black and prefers the compact LOP.

I got these because they have the 16.5" barrel, I just love short barrels which is why I guess I also love bullpups......nice and short.

I only shoot for fun and at relatively close range so the short barrels are fine.