A pair of 41 Magnum flattops (NEW MODELS!!!)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

seeemmiss

Single-Sixer
Picked up a couple of New Model 41 Magnum flattops today. Though you guys would like to see them. They are consecutive serial numbers and both are missing the warning roll mark. What are the chances?? Might be worth something in a few years. I know most of you are thinking they did not make 41 flattops and the warning label is under the barrel but trust me they are 41s and I checked under the barrel and under the ejector rod housing. They are what they are. Here are some picks. I like then and think I will keep them.

DSC_0103.jpg

DSC_0104.jpg

DSC_0106.jpg

DSC_0109.jpg

DSC_0107.jpg

DSC_0108.jpg

wow, those are really neat...just curious as to the date on the "test" cartridge in the brown envelope inside the box...we have one of the S-465N-50 anniversary .44 flatops and the serial number is way higher than your guns, it is 89-02386 and it was "test fired" in March 28,2006 and is one of the earlier Newport models.....warning is on the side of the barrel.

My guess is they used the same gun frame, just used the .41 mag cylinder and made up "new barrels"..........

seeemmiss

Single-Sixer
Didn't read all the other post before I posted this. Started to put it under that one but at nine pages, thought I would start another. If some one has the third number for these two, let me know. I got three kidsand each needs one in order.

seeemmiss

Single-Sixer
Test fire on teh cartridge is 09/22/2009 on both guns. Sorry for my lack of knowledge on the 41 threads. i been out of the game for a while. Good to be back though.

glad to hear from you, its been a busy summer, and now getting ready for the snow to fall............hope all is well, and stay safe out there.

Yes, those guns are neat, I swapped Don an old model. 41 mag today for one of his anniversary 44 flatops, and noticed the numbers , and then yours, it seemed odd to me ,thats all........cannot figure out any of this anymore....no rhyme or reason......

chet15

Hawkeye
rugerguy":3gmt4czs said:
Yes, those guns are neat, I swapped Don an old model. 41 mag today for one of his anniversary 44 flatops, and noticed the numbers , and then yours, it seemed odd to me ,thats all........cannot figure out any of this anymore....no rhyme or reason......

Dan:
Yes, the .41 flattops are a wierd lot. Go figure why they would put a special 89- prefix on their first "Newport" made 50th Anniversary .44 flattops" and an 870- prefix on their "Prescott" made 50th Anniversary .44 flattops.
Then when this "Hank Williams, Jr." variation .41 flattop comes out three years later, on a .44 Mag. sized 50th anniversary type flattop cylinder frame no less, Ruger numbers them right along with the Super Blackhawk (different frame!!) with an 87- prefix!! So...if anybody calls in for a rear sight for their 87- prefixed revolver, Ruger won't know if its supposed to have a flattop style round mortised rear sight or a Super Blackhawk style rear sight with squared front. This is the whole reason Ruger should be using the practice of giving a different serial number prefix "to different cylinder frames or receivers".
Hey...not complaining though! I like 'em!!
And to add to these thoughts....Ruger gave the 50th anniversary .357 flattop a 520- prefix, and the Lipsey's .44 Special the same 520- prefix....which it should have.
Chet15