A nice little kitty

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Black_Wolf

Bearcat
Here's my Bearcat.

It is in the serial# 521xx range and has the flat ejector rod knob, but, has an all steel ejector rod housing.

I have dated it to late 1964, But, correct me if i'm wrong? :)

Unfortunately it has been converted by a previous owner. I'm the first person to shoot this kitty.

I have the original parts, but can it be converted back?

And is that legal? I dont see why not?

I gave $500 for it a couple years ago without the original box and paperwork.

I know, I got ripped but the guy would not budge on the haggle and I wanted it because of the excellent condition.

It sits under my Single Six .32 Mag.

I love both of these SA's immensely!

Thanks for looking :)

phpKb8bzHPM.jpg

Sam Johnson

Blackhawk
Nice Bearcat, Yes it can be converted back , and it is legal. No, I don't think you paid too much... the value is in the fun of shooting it. Don't worry about coverting it back just shoot and enjoy it. But don't lose the old parts. And welcome to the forum..

americal

Hunter
Good looking guns--people want certain guns 8) price may be high so what--people waste money on eating out to much but so what its their money :) I have offered lots of money for guns I WANTED :wink: that paticular piece-- may never get another chance at that type of Ruger & I am not wealthy in that I could buy 5,000 dollar gun :) BOY AM I ON A SOAPBOX :oops: :roll: :lol:

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!
You have a couple of nice guns,, and by all means,, convert it back as the action will feel much better. YOu paid what you felt it was worth so I'd say you did good.

Black_Wolf

Bearcat
I have no regrets and would do it again. Just wish it had the original box and papers.

200 bones for the .32 It has some small holster bluing wear on the crown edge but is in great shape.

The trigger has been lightened and smooth as silk.

The guy was a cowboy shooter and did the quick draw shoots with it.

Thanks again :)

flatgate

Hawkeye
Nice Bearcat! It's a rather high serial number to have a steel ejector housing but there have been similar examples reported to the RENE.

Now you need to find a box for it!

:D

flatgate