A new mini 14

Help Support Ruger Forum:

pw394

Bearcat
Hello everyone, new member here. I have been lurking here a while now and finally joined with a new addition to my own stable. I just picked up a stainless mini 14 factory folder in great condition. The stock has a few blemishes on it but overall it is in great condition and folding stock works like a charm. I was looking just to get a standard mini, but ran accross this one and couldn't pass it up. I think I did great on the price as well, of only $725.00. Is there anything I should add or extra parts to stock up on? Is there anything to watch out for in particular with this model? Is there a way to mount a rail for optics? I know they aren't the greatest as far as accuracy goes, but I am ok with that. I wanted one of these since I was a kid and used to watch 'The A-Team' on tv, never dreaming I could actually get one.

felix cortinas

Bearcat
I love minis and have owned them for over 25 years. just bought me a new mini 14 tactical a few months ago, also own a mini 30. for some good input check out www.perfectunion.com and for some reasonable magazines etc. cdnninvestments.com. minis arent tackdrivers except for the newer ones but they werent meant to be, I own AKs, ARs but the minis have a spot in my heart cause of the scale down of the M1A1 AND they are American Made !!! I love my Minis !!! welcome aboard and be sure and check out perfect union for likeminded shooters.

A factory folder, man did you luck out.

I'd be more inclined to spend my dollars on different .223 ammo and find out what it shoots best than all the other things you can do to this rifle. At most, maybe a trigger job. I think bedding the receiver is a waste and really makes it a pain to break the rifle down....

pw394

Bearcat
Thanks for the input. Ruger makes a tough gun. I wonder what would have happened had he started design/production earlier than he did and beat the punch on Stoner and the AR-15.

Latest posts