A More Compact 40?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bbradford

Bearcat
Hey guys Im new here so I apologize if this has been talked about before...but what are the chances that Ruger will release something like a LC40? I have an SR40c and love it. My mom has a LC9 and I find it much easier to conceal hers. It would be amazing if they made that an LC40 or something like that, similar to the MP Shield. Any thoughts?

Mike J

Hunter
Cheesewhiz said:
Want to be happy with a small gun? Don't get one in a larger caliber.

....and welcome to the forum

I agree with Cheese. I don't want a very small gun in a larger caliber. I tend to like small guns in 9mm. If I move to a service sized gun I like .40. I like .45 but the only one I own is a SR 1911. Of course a lot of this is just my personal preference.

Mike J

Hunter
eveled said:
Seems possible, the Walther PPS comes in 9mm or 40cal.

Yep. There are small .40 options available. I believe the S&W Shield is available in .40 as is the Walther. Kahr also has some small options available in it. I was just expressing my opinion. If you want Ruger to make a .40 in that size range maybe you should use the Tell the CEO option on their website to tell them that.

I currently own a Kahr PM9 and like it a lot. I USED to own a PM40. Too hot for my money. I believe there is a minimum size platform for every caliber. Maybe Ruger thinks the LC platform can't handle the pressures of the 40S&W round. We shall see...

Dave

eveled said:
Seems possible, the Walther PPS comes in 9mm or 40cal.

The S&W Shield is offered in 9mm. and .40 as well.

The .40 kicks my ass in a package that small. It feels like I set a .40 off in my hand, without the gun, lol.

The 9mm. However facilitated me getting back on target much quicker.

If you can handle the .40 in a gun that small, then by all means go for it! But really shoot one first, then come back and edit your OP if you want.