A More Compact 40?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bbradford

Bearcat
Hey guys Im new here so I apologize if this has been talked about before...but what are the chances that Ruger will release something like a LC40? I have an SR40c and love it. My mom has a LC9 and I find it much easier to conceal hers. It would be amazing if they made that an LC40 or something like that, similar to the MP Shield. Any thoughts?

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
Want to be happy with a small gun? Don't get one in a larger caliber.

....and welcome to the forum

Mike J

Hunter
Cheesewhiz said:
Want to be happy with a small gun? Don't get one in a larger caliber.

....and welcome to the forum

I agree with Cheese. I don't want a very small gun in a larger caliber. I tend to like small guns in 9mm. If I move to a service sized gun I like .40. I like .45 but the only one I own is a SR 1911. Of course a lot of this is just my personal preference.

Mike J

Hunter
eveled said:
Seems possible, the Walther PPS comes in 9mm or 40cal.

Yep. There are small .40 options available. I believe the S&W Shield is available in .40 as is the Walther. Kahr also has some small options available in it. I was just expressing my opinion. If you want Ruger to make a .40 in that size range maybe you should use the Tell the CEO option on their website to tell them that.

I currently own a Kahr PM9 and like it a lot. I USED to own a PM40. Too hot for my money. I believe there is a minimum size platform for every caliber. Maybe Ruger thinks the LC platform can't handle the pressures of the 40S&W round. We shall see...

Dave

eveled said:
Seems possible, the Walther PPS comes in 9mm or 40cal.

The S&W Shield is offered in 9mm. and .40 as well.

The .40 kicks my ass in a package that small. It feels like I set a .40 off in my hand, without the gun, lol.

The 9mm. However facilitated me getting back on target much quicker.

If you can handle the .40 in a gun that small, then by all means go for it! But really shoot one first, then come back and edit your OP if you want.

Latest posts