A Little Story About Sharing Good Karma

Help Support Ruger Forum:

AJGUNNER

Hunter
4-6 weeks ago I put a few items on here for a good karma give away. Since there was 3 items lots of the respondents said they could use this or that specific item. So I changed it up and even though it cost me a bit more I sent the 3 different items to 3 different guys.

Fast forward a few weeks---I am helping a young guy get started with reloading. With my help he has slowly acquired just about everything he needs, except of course the scarce powder and primers.

Went trap shooting last week and while hanging around waiting for our group to show up, I see a sign on the bulletin board for components. I called the guy up and he actually had primers both small and large. He held them until the next day for my "student" to go pick them up----and at regular retail prices. The seller also had some powders so he was also able to buy a pound from the list I had made for him. While also hanging around the club house, I see a guy with a brick of primers in his hand, so I asked him where he had found them. He says the club sells them just ask at the window. So both my student and myself were able to pick up a brick each at club price below retail.

Following my own advice to check any source you might be driving past, I stopped in at a local retail place and to my surprise they had a couple single boxes of large pistol that I promptly grabbed. On the way out I see a guy with 2 boxes of 9mm in his hand so asked him where he found them. Seems I had just missed the girl stocking the shelves with a small amount of 9mm. I grabbed 2 boxes (limited) and headed home. I load my own so really had no need other than resale. I posted them on a local forum and they were sold in 15 minutes for a tidy profit which more than covered a few primers but was still far less than most are selling for on line.

While I am closing my post for the 9mm ammo, a new post popped up for 800 small rifle primers for $20. I quickly posted I would take them. I started to follow with a PM but the phone rang. It was the seller and he was a guy I had done business with just a couple of weeks ago. He says he is sorry but even at 3 minutes, another guy had beat me to them with a PM. Well bummer, but then he says I have more if you need them. Turned out he had a full case of 5000 small rifle and would like $25 per brick. I told him I would see him in the morning. While picking up the primers we ended up chatting for over 2 hours---what a great guy to meet. He started pulling bullets out of drawers and cabinets and says I won't be loading any of these, so how about 10 cents a piece. I ended up with a few new boxes and a few partials totaling close to 600 bullets for $50. All of them .224 and also all expensive varmint stuff---ballistic tips and similar. Before I left he also tells me that he can no longer shoot much pistol ammo so will be clearing out a bunch of his pistol powder supply in the next few weeks. Guess who is at the top of the list. :mrgreen:

Bottom line---whether you personally believe in shared good Karma coming back around or not, it sure has seemed to work for me in the past few weeks. :D

dougader

Hunter
AJGUNNER said:
4-6 weeks ago I put a few items on here for a good karma give away. Since there was 3 items lots of the respondents said they could use this or that specific item. So I changed it up and even though it cost me a bit more I sent the 3 different items to 3 different guys.

Fast forward a few weeks---I am helping a young guy get started with reloading. With my help he has slowly acquired just about everything he needs, except of course the scarce powder and primers.

Went trap shooting last week and while hanging around waiting for our group to show up, I see a sign on the bulletin board for components. I called the guy up and he actually had primers both small and large. He held them until the next day for my "student" to go pick them up----and at regular retail prices. The seller also had some powders so he was also able to buy a pound from the list I had made for him. While also hanging around the club house, I see a guy with a brick of primers in his hand, so I asked him where he had found them. He says the club sells them just ask at the window. So both my student and myself were able to pick up a brick each at club price below retail.

Following my own advice to check any source you might be driving past, I stopped in at a local retail place and to my surprise they had a couple single boxes of large pistol that I promptly grabbed. On the way out I see a guy with 2 boxes of 9mm in his hand so asked him where he found them. Seems I had just missed the girl stocking the shelves with a small amount of 9mm. I grabbed 2 boxes (limited) and headed home. I load my own so really had no need other than resale. I posted them on a local forum and they were sold in 15 minutes for a tidy profit which more than covered a few primers but was still far less than most are selling for on line.

While I am closing my post for the 9mm ammo, a new post popped up for 800 small rifle primers for $20. I quickly posted I would take them. I started to follow with a PM but the phone rang. It was the seller and he was a guy I had done business with just a couple of weeks ago. He says he is sorry but even at 3 minutes, another guy had beat me to them with a PM. Well bummer, but then he says I have more if you need them. Turned out he had a full case of 5000 small rifle and would like $25 per brick. I told him I would see him in the morning. While picking up the primers we ended up chatting for over 2 hours---what a great guy to meet. He started pulling bullets out of drawers and cabinets and says I won't be loading any of these, so how about 10 cents a piece. I ended up with a few new boxes and a few partials totaling close to 600 bullets for $50. All of them .224 and also all expensive varmint stuff---ballistic tips and similar. Before I left he also tells me that he can no longer shoot much pistol ammo so will be clearing out a bunch of his pistol powder supply in the next few weeks. Guess who is at the top of the list. :mrgreen:

Bottom line---whether you personally believe in shared good Karma coming back around or not, it sure has seemed to work for me in the past few weeks. :D
I'm SW of the fires in PDX. Maybe we need to connect, too. I'll send you a PM. :)

Latest posts