A general idea about a S&W

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
I'm no S&W expert, and I do have a Blue Book, but I prefer real world ideas on pricing. I know I can go to GB & look up completed auctions, but due to work & my other stuff, I figured I'd ask a bunch here first.
S&W Model 13-1, 4" blued heavy barrel, fixed sights. Pachmyer grips, no box, papers, but a nice unmarked holster to go with it. Condition would be in around 94%-95% due to a touch of muzzle wear, slight ring on the cylinder, and a few other small spots of slight wear.
Approximate value???
A friend is selling & asked for my help.
I have the gun in my possession, and I want to be fair to him.

w5lx

Single-Sixer
A 95% Model 13 with a 4" barrel and Pachmayrs with no box would go for around $400 around here. If it had the original grips, maybe $425. If it had the more desirable 3" barrel it would go for $450-$475. The 3" barrel is more desirable simply because that's what the F.B.I. issued back in the 80's.

Sugar River

Buckeye
I have to agree with the 350ish range as described.
Pretty common configuration, and a bit too heavy to be desirable as a CCW piece.

Pete

Snake45

Hawkeye
I agree with the above posters--somewhere between three and four pigs, depending on how bad someone wants it and how quickly your friend wants to be shed of it.

smith1961

Blackhawk
Being even more a "Smith Guy" I agree with the fair range everybody is quoting especially for a 4" Model 13. The 3" Round Butt versions I have seen lately are ALL way up the high $500+ range! I guess it is what the market will bear......Those darn 3" seem to hold the same esteem as the 2.5 inch M-19 and M66. Those sucka's do carry and handle well.
:)

That 4" Model 13 as clean as you say will go for $400 at just about any gun show. There are always plenty of guys with no money today. BUT there are a LOT of guys who just want what they want and will step up. $400 is within reach of LOT's of guys. Can't say the same thing when you get over $600 but $400 no problemo.

Latest posts