A fellow member, Rick Courtright sighting.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

737tdi

Hunter
Judy and I traveled to San Diego to attend a Ranger/Padres game. What a hoot. We both had a blast. Won't speak for Rick?? I think he had fun.

We had a great time at the game. Rangers lost but that is OK. Still in the wild card race. Very quick trip. Fly out, fly back. Got to love the weather there.

I know someone will give me a hard time for the post because it is not firearm related. Colorado boys. Or should I say "this is the lounge".

I really wish I could have gotten some others to go but no luck?.

Karl

graygun

Hunter
I guess that's Rick on the left (uh oh) but it can't be. My pre-conceived mental image of him is/was somehow different...as they always are. :lol:

And I was under the impression that Rick had somewhat higher standards than to hang out with you :D :D :D :D :D :D Yea looks like you'll had a great time.
I would also like to meet Rick someday. He always seems to have BEER MONEY :wink:

Note to those having picture taken SMILE.

Note to photographer Hold camera farther away

737tdi

Hunter
Wyandot Jim said:
And I was under the impression that Rick had somewhat higher standards than to hang out with you :D :D :D :D :D :D Yea looks like you'll had a great time.
I would also like to meet Rick someday. He always seems to have BEER MONEY :wink:

Note to those having picture taken SMILE.

Note to photographer Hold camera farther away

:shock: :shock: Remember Jim, I am kinda short so my arm is only so long. I wish I was Stretch Man but it is not so.

Karl

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Wyandot Jim said:

Hi,

Jim, I still have a dollar or two left for beer money, cuz Karl wouldn't let me buy one this time! Did manage to sneak him a margarita for lunch, though. Does that count?

We had a great time, with lots of stories to tell. First trip to Petco Park for any of us--very nice park, really clean, Karl called it "quiet" by Rangers home park standards though we tried to inject a little local color with "Screamer", the young woman who came with one guy in a camo shirt and left with three others in red ones. To a huge round of applause! Dunno how much money might have changed hands betting on how long her voice would hold out... or if there will be a second date? ;) "Bicycle Lady" at the train station might be the subject of another good tale... and the homeless guy in a doorway as I walked back to the car after saying our good-byes for the evening was surely an enigma: he was sitting there, with all his belongings quite neatly stacked, eating "dinner" out of a can. With a radio on. To a conservative talk radio station! :?

On ball parks, for any San Diego historians here, the first Padres game I ever went to was when they were still a minor league team, playing at Westgate Park. Anybody remember that far back? You're not gonna find it on Google maps, though, cuz it's been under a parking lot at a huge shopping center for a LONG time... to say the town's changed a little since I was a kid down there is understatement of the highest order!

All in all, it was a wonderful day. Wish we could have had more time together to just visit, but now that Judy's been to San Diego a couple of times, I hope we can twist her arm to come out again: there's a promise to take her on a trip to the zoo still waiting to be kept.

And, despite the fact the Padres were a little rude to their guests with that 7-0 1st game, Texas fans got their money's worth the next two games and the Rangers went home on top last night. Note to Dodgers and Giants fans: you CAN have a ball game without anyone going to the hospital! The banter between SD and Texas fans on the trolley going home WAS spirited, but all in good fun. We met a lot of "transplants", going both ways (CA-TX and TX-CA.) :)

Thanks again to Karl and Judy for a great day, and now that the phone's been figured out for taking selfies, next time we'll try to be smiling when the darned thing goes off! Judy really smiles a lot when she's not stuck between the two of us, and once the camera catches my true boyish good looks, it'll be priceless! Honest...

Rick C