A dog story..............

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Recent post regarding dogs name "Ruger" reminded me of a story. (Do I hear groans emanating from my laptop?)

Many years ago a lady worked in the office next to ours. She bought a pedigreed English bull dog, looking exactly like the hood ornament on Mack trucks. She, and her young son at the time, wanted to name the dog Bob Lilly, after the famous football player. The AKC would not register him as such without Bob Lilly's written permission. So they wrote to the Dallas Cowboys asking for that. And received a most gracious letter in reply grating his permission. The son was more proud of the letter than of the dog.

Later they went to the lake for the weekend, Bob Lilly facing the breeze like a hood ornament on the boat. Reaching the shore, they decided it was time for the dog to swim, so pitched him overboard. Only to watch him sink to the bottom. Her immediate though was she had pitched $800 into the lake. But son was equal to the situation and rescued the dog.

At her vet's she commented her dog had "fallen" into the lake. The vet commented that it was common knowledge that English bulldogs were bulky and dense to swim or float.

So after that, when at the lake, Bob Lilly rode as the bow ornament, complete with his orange life preserver!

Bob Wright

Good story Bob,
$800 for a non swimming dog sounds like a bargain to me.
I paid a lot more than that for my highly trained attack watch Dog.
Here is a picture of him on duty.
What a ferocious critter.
1648229417742.png

Were finishing supper the other night with some friends here and put the plates down for my high faulute'n dog Beauregard to clean and came up with the name of our next dog..... "DW" which stands for dish washer....

Obviously so that when we have friends over and are through eating and they offer to help with the plates and such we can just say don't worry about it the dish washer gets them clean enough.....

Best home security system in the world:

Blume, looking at that picture of Beauregard just puts a smile on my face. :) I guess the trick to robbing your house is to just show up at your place with some dirty dishes?

My wife lets our dogs lick the plate clean too. While they are waiting, I always joke that dog breath provides the perfect seasoning to my dinner.

eveled

Hunter
I knew an old truck driver. Sometimes in a story he’d say “I had my foot up the dogs butt”

It took me a while to figure it out. Instead of saying “he had his foot to the floor”. He had his foot up the dogs butt. Referring to the little dog hood ornament on his Mack

Jeepnik

Hawkeye
Were finishing supper the other night with some friends here and put the plates down for my high faulute'n dog Beauregard to clean and came up with the name of our next dog..... "DW" which stands for dish washer....

Obviously so that when we have friends over and are through eating and they offer to help with the plates and such we can just say don't worry about it the dish washer gets them clean enough.....

Best home security system in the world:

Nope, just name it Cold Water. If you’re old enough you know why.

Latest posts