A couple Super Redhawk groups.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Donaldjr1969

Blackhawk
I got out and put some trigger time in with my Super Redhawk earlier today. I am developing loads for a 256K boolit using Alliant's 300MP. I have had really good luck with H110 and similar luck with Lil'Gun. But my shooting buddy, Iron Mike Golf, has been fiddling around with it and has had good luck with his Redhawk Hunter. So I gave it a whirl. I have been pleasantly surprised. Anyway, the load today I shot was 24.5g charge of 300MP lit by a Federal 150. I have attached my best group.

SRH_09-15-12b.jpg

Too bad I shot poorly and had those two fliers... :p Distance was 18yrds and I shot rested with iron sights...as usual.

I am really impressed with 300MP. I have had great results from it in 44Mag as well as 500 S&W Mag as well. So much so that I can easily see it replacing H110 as my go-to full-house powder. It does not get the barrel nearly as hot as H110 and Lil'Gun. I've found that my charge weights for the aforementioned calibers tend to practically mirror H110 for 44Mag and Lil'Gun for the 500.

I think I am going to be very happy with 300MP. About the only thing it did not do too well was a load with some Speer 300g JSP's in my SRH. But I would like to get more of them and give that load another try sometime.