A Couple Of Hand Forged Camp Knives

Help Support Ruger Forum:

countryboy

Single-Sixer
Thought I'd post some pictures of these big boys. These are custom Hudson Bay Camp knives forged by Matt from http://www.ml-knives.com/ . I posted some pictures of mine when I received it at the first of the year. I liked it so much I decided to order two more for my two sons as Christmas gifts. I had Matt do a ball end style handle like mine and also had there initials stamped on the tang.

My sons haven't seen them yet and hopefully won't until Christmas. I had to work on the sheaths a little at a time when ever both my boys were gone so they wouldn't see them.

These knives are a little over 13" OAL with 8" blades. The blades are right at 2" wide and 3/16" thick. I had Matt do his pattern aged and patina blade with aged tiger maple handles because I wanted them to look old school. I couldn't be more pleased with the way they turned out and I think my sons are going to love them.

20gl17s.jpg

I put their initials and a border stamp on the sheath. One is light brown and the other mahogany. I used a Pull The DOT snap for the loop closure.
33z5vy8.jpg

ildavm.jpg

Here is a picture of mine in hand to give you an idea of size.
19m2hw.jpg

stevemb

Hunter
I'm guessing you just got your grandkids a gift too. They should last a couple of lifetimes. They look just right for camp/field knives, fit for skinning,scalping,butchering, and such.

Those look very like the common frontier sheath knives used by ordinary people who were more interested in butchering than mayhem. Formidable tools.

What a GREAT gift!