A couple ob bloopers, TV & movie

Help Support Ruger Forum:

In "Lonely Are The Brave" Jack Burns (Kirk Douglas) has an octagon barrel takedown rifle that is either a Winchester 1894 or 1894.

In the scene where he shoots down the helicopter by hitting the tail rotor the rifle barrel is round. Bill Bixby was one of the helicopter crew and tells the Sheriff that they were going to crash land because they were being shot at.

Not firearm related gaffe but geography. In the movie "Bird on a Wire", Goldie Hawn and Mel Gibson jump on a ferry at one point - it is the "Detroit - Racine Ferry" and they take the ferry from Detroit, Michigan to Racine, Wisconsin. Apparently no one related to the production ever looked at a map.

They also have a chase through the famous China Town in Racine. My parents were born in Racine, many relatives there or near there still, and never saw "China Town" in all the time there.

And never found the Detroit-Racine ferry which apparently saves a lot of time on that trip. Would have been so much shorter going from Port Huron to Racine over the years!
They probably traveled the Detroit/Benton Harbor Canal.

CHEVYINLINE6

Single-Sixer
The first time I saw something similar to this was back in the late 60's early 70's with the show 'The FBI" starring Efrem Zimbalist Jr... he and others had been trying to track down some wanted felon all over the country and finally found him in a cabin on a beach near Charleston S.C.
Then when they got to the cabin the guy ran out and ran down a path way along this tall cliff down to the beach..... the closest thing to a cliff like that in S.C. is about 240 miles north.
I remember the TV show The FBI where every single car and truck on the show was a Ford Product. Ford was a major sponsor of the show.

CHEVYINLINE6.

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Im the opposite when I watch tv or a movie. I just wanna be entertained.

I don't count shots, don't worry if a guy racks his pump shotgun 4 different times before shooting, ect
I'm kind of like you, but when the goof is so blatantly obvious, one can't help but notice. Like seeing daylight between the magazine tube and the barrel of a suposedly Henry rifle.

Bob Wright

These "oops" are everywhere. In Patriot Games they go down a rocky cliff, jump in boats in a storm, and head out into the Chesapeake Bay, and hit a rock-pile island. There are no cliffs around Chesapeake Beach where this is supposed to take place much less rock islands

BiloxiBob

Bearcat
Or on NCIS. The Gibbs character over and over pulls his 1911 out to battle the bad guys and almost always the hammer is down.
You would think the armorer on set would say to the Star, cock the hammer dude.
I think that for most of the series he had a Sig P228, agency issued weapon. The imfdb.com doesn't list him using a 1911, though I do seem to recall him having one.

BiloxiBob

Bearcat
I think that for most of the series he had a Sig P228, agency issued weapon. The imfdb.com doesn't list him using a 1911, though I do seem to recall him having one. Found it, season 14 after his father's death he inherits the 1911 and uses it.

41Dude

Single-Sixer
I forgot about Gibbs SIG. I do remember the older gentleman who used the 1911 being killed. Duckie and Gibbs talked about the man carrying the 1911. Wow. I watch too much TV ;)

JimC1953

Bearcat
I remember the TV show The FBI where every single car and truck on the show was a Ford Product. Ford was a major sponsor of the show.

CHEVYINLINE6.
But all the bad guys drove Chevy products. Again, Ford was a major sponsor so they had the good guys in Ford products.

Latest posts