A,B & C Engraved Red Labels and Woodsides

Help Support Ruger Forum:

El Numero Uno

Buckeye
A few years ago, I purchased a A pattern engraved 28 ga. and a B pattern engraved 20 ga. Both came with the green canvas/leather trim hard cases, in addition to the regular white box. Was this fitted case sold as an accessory, or did it come as part of the package with these engraved O/U's??
Who knows? I thought these cases were part of the package, but I encounter these engraved shotguns without the case frequently. I can not believe they would get separated if the fitted case came with it!!
Can anyone help here?
Thanks,
Yes, I like the shotguns too!

El Numero Uno

Buckeye
GB426,
Thanks for the info; that is helpful.
Chet15, the little white book does not address this item!
Where these engraved shotguns ever a cataloged item? I have looked through my catalogs of this period and did not notice them.

chet15

Hawkeye
El Numero Uno":223cufll said:
GB426,
Thanks for the info; that is helpful.
Chet15, the little white book does not address this item!
Where these engraved shotguns ever a cataloged item? I have looked through my catalogs of this period and did not notice them.

Yes, they are in the 1997 through 2000 Distributor and Dealer price sheets. The later years have fewer and fewer models listed as Ruger tried to get rid of their stock.
I believe the presentation case was an accessory. Don't see it listed in those price sheets as an accessory however. The guns aren't described as coming with the cases either. I don't recall a catalog actually showing these hand-engraved guns,
Chet15