A 327FM short gun?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mohavesam

Hawkeye
A simple search for a carbine/woods-romping short rifle in 327 FM. A scopeable 100-yard repeater bunny gun with some class. Too much to ask?
Am I left with the sparse choices of a semi-custom job on a Contender or a Henry? (I am not excited about open sights any longer). Still no major makers?

Would I cut up my last No. 3 with a re-barrel if needed? Sure, only one shot but hey, Grandpa said thats all a woodsman needs.

contender

Ruger Guru
Until any manufacturer can see a profit in designing & making a new design,,, or whatever,,, they don't invest in it. While I love my 327's, (and other 32 cals.) I have no interest in a rifle for that caliber. But I'm just ONE voice. Now,, a Contender handgun bbl,,, I'd add one to my stable,,, !

protoolman

Hunter
I remember a custom single shot rifle done up in an 80's gun mag by Jan Libourel or Ross Seyfried in .32 mag. Wish I could find that article. I think a light single shot in .32 mag or .327 would be awesome with a nice peep sight maybe?

mohavesam

Hawkeye
The OP mention of the Henry probably sparked some comments.
Despite ad copy, I have not found the Henry in any of the 15+ LGS in an hour radius, nor in any Phoenix stores I've poked around in... I am not enamored by the styling nor the anti-gun NJ affiliation, but mostly the styling & handling for my frame.

Is Henry the only option? (without paying custom-maker prices)?

bogus bill

Hunter
I own a half dozen lever winchesters and clones. I have a 44 mag Browning 92 and a Puma .357 that looks the same as the browning. I prefer the 357 to the 44 mag. It`s a sweetheart to shoot whereas the 44 will kick. I always wanted to have one converted to .256 win mag as I did have one converted in a old martini single shot and I loved that caliber. Used to own a Hawkeye too but still own a T/C contender barrel in it. They hardly kick, are flat shooting and accurate. You light one off and its a ear ringer!
I have a 4 5/8" single six in .32 H&R mag. I would like to see Henry make a lever in it too PLUS really would like them to make them in .256 win mag and S&W 22 jet. have one of them too. They are the 357 case necked down to .256 and .223. Both fine cartridges with no recoil and deafening to shoot without ear protection.

Flyfisher66048

Bearcat
A contender carbine in 327 would be pretty sweet with a 16 inch barrel. I have one in 357, and it is very light and handy.

Latest posts