9th annual Ruger Forum East Coast Gathering

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Cholo said:
I thought Fox Mike would roll off his scooter when I showed him these 2 very short Youtube videos :mrgreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LONT1oboJrs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_P-oAfJz28

I came home and found both and showed them to Linda. The spark plug boy was the best laugh from her.

contender said:
Y'all can start planning for next year now. It'll be the 10th annual one too! Maybe we can round up a few surprises!
I have lots of photos of that first "Gathering". My, how some of us have changed. As an example, I was WALKING everywhere then and one guy didn't have a beard. :D

contender

Ruger Guru
Blume & a visitor from the SA forum were the only ones to challenge my course of fire. And,, yes,, it is hard sometimes to take comments from another guy,, when you feel it may be criticism. But,, I can assure you,, I'm NOT being critical,, I'm offering the same kind of help I received from World Champion shooters. Rob L. Todd J. Jerry M. Max M. Travis T. Dave S. Chris T. and many others have helped me be a better "action" shooter. I have told Todd several times how his teaching methods & terminology is excellent & how I steal it to teach as well. His words; "Drive the gun!" :D As always,, glad to help other shooters when ever I can.

FM on his scooter,, "Trigger" is fun to see. And yes,, I remember Bob & Amanda & them coming down. I never care how folks come,, as long as they can come & have fun! We'll have to get some of those pics from the first year out to share for the 10th one.
And I remember the formerly beardless one! :D :D

As I went back to the range yesterday to do a bit of cleanup,, washing the pots & putting stuff away,, I couldn't help but smile. We do have fun,, and the fellowship,, hard to beat. To me,, it's a labor of love. I love sharing my humble place with the members of my Ruger Forum Family. Cruzerlou made the suggestion to have one on the east coast,, and I offered my place. We planned the first one,, and he came down early to help set up. It has grown,, and Miss Penny & I enjoy doing it. Very few folks around here have easy & ready access to a gun range. The original "Gathering's" occurred in Texas,, and sadly lost the locations. They died. Well,, not so with me as long as we can do them.

So to all who traveled here,,, shared in the fellowship,, and even those who have attended in the past but haven't been able to come,, I want to thank each & every one of y'all. We feel blessed by the friendships!

Oh my! Lookie here. Me on my feet and the beardless one, side by side, shooting on the lower level.

ZZJgL6Bh.jpg

I just made it home this afternoon. No problems at all. I’ve got some pictures I’ll try to go through and post tomorrow or the next day.

Contender: the hotel I stayed in is the “Carter Lodge.” It’s on the river side of the road just as you go up the mountain, just before those little shops in. Chimney Rock. It’s $120 plus tax, which literally makes it like $135 a night.

And yes, it is worth the drive out. To see y’all and get to talk and shoot. I think I talked more than shot. But I remember thinking, there is a range in Texas I can shoot. But I won’t be seeing the members again until next year. And seeing your reloading bench has inspired me...but that’s another story. :D

contender

Ruger Guru
Great pics! And no,, I'm not asleep in the first one,, !!! Funny how it looks that way! We were having too much fun in the discussions!
Kevin took a shine to my 357 Maxi! :D :D

Contender:
Oh yeah! If I were to get a new caliber, it would be the 357 Maxi.

It’s kind of funny, over the weekend, my wife needed to get in the safe for something, I think she just wanted to see what I have. But she just told me today I need a bigger, better safe. It does need some breathing room in there, but I’m not going to sell the 41 Magnum.

Bob C. and I were discussing this very situation once. He observed "I really need another, bigger safe, but if I sell enough guns to afford that I then won't need a bigger safe!"

Miss ya, Bob.

:wink: