9mm speed six value?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dbarale

Obsolete
I am not sure if that's the right place for this question so please delete it and forgive me if it isn't.
After years of searching I finally found a 2 3/4" speed six in 9mm. It's stainless and I would call it 95% condition with quite a few factory moon clips.
I shot it twice and it's really nice, so nice that I cannot get myself to carry it as I had intended.
Lately I have also grown bored of AR's and I am thinking about a Mini 14 (a new one, maybe even a tactical model).
So the question is, do you think it would be a fair trade for someone? Is the spped six more or less valuable than the mini? I really don't know anymore in this crazy market and I appreciate all input.

Thanks,

hittman

Staff member
If it were like new with factory box and papers, PRE-pandemic / panic prices were in the $800 range.

Searching completed auctions on Gun Broker may get you closer to todays market.

If you're looking to sell it, let me know please or list it in Classifieds here. It wouldn't last long if priced fairly.

kevin masten

Blackhawk
Speed sixes in 9mm were pricey prior to current events. With box, paperwork , etc. a new or as new 9mm will bring around 1K in my area. They are scarce and seldom are offered for sale. Proceed carefully in how you enter into a trade. Unless you just are not interested in the piece, I would hold tightly to it. If you offer it for sale,it will go quickly! Don't know the numbers, but there were few manufactured.

Regards

dbarale

Obsolete
arfmel said:
No way in heck would I swap a 9mm Speed Six for a Mini 14.

Because the Speed Six is too rare? Or because it wouldn't be a fair trade? Like I said I really don't know what anything is worth anymore.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
A lot depends on your location, rarity, and pucker factor as to price. JMHO

9MM - Speed-Six
NIB -- $850.00 - $1,000.00 +
LNIB - $650.00 - $800.00
Shooters - $450.00 & up.

Terry

kevin masten

Blackhawk
Several things come into play. Yes! The revolver is very uncommon to almost rare, one could say. Too many 14s out there that are not worth what the Speed Six is worth, so you would be in an unfair trade on your side of the deal, unless you received a lot "boot " from the person with the M14. Keep the six and find a used M14. You won't regret it. When you have a good thing(your revolver) hang onto it. This is just me speaking for the way I see it. The piece is yours and by all means if you just have to let it go, don't give it away. Make a good decision you won't regret.

contender

Ruger Guru
Well, I'm local to Daniel, and I can say that the market prices locally would not get him the real value for that gun. Not a lot of serious Ruger DA people in our area. I already have a blued one, and don't need another,, or I'd be calling him! :D
To answer the question.
Best option, sell the Speed-Six outright,, starting here. As noted above, not easily found, somewhat rare, and quite desirable to many. But again, it takes a person wanting that type of revolver.
If I know Daniel, his "95%" grading is a little low, and the gun is likely better than that.
I say, personally, that this gun would be a fair deal for both in the $800 range.
Then, I'd take the money & shop for a Mini-14. Take the left over money for the sale/purchase, and invest in goodies to add to the Mini-14 as wanted. Locally, a Mini-14 can be found in the $600 range. Heck, I wish this had happened about 2 years ago, I had a spare Mini, with a factory folding stock, that I would have worked out a good deal for us both.

Short answer,, the Speed-Six is worth more than the Mini-14.

(Daniel; if you want to borrow my Mini-14 to shoot & try out before you invest, you are welcome to it!)

I have a couple of these 9mm speed Sixes. I value them roughly $800 or slightly more. That's very close to the cost of a stainless Mini.

If you want the Mini, go for it. But remember, a Mini is easy to replace. The Speed Six not so much. :?