9MM Cylinder for OM Blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

WFRII

Bearcat
Can anyone tell me if this 9MM cylinder will fit an OM Blackhawk in .357?
Thanks!

Attachments

• Cylinder 1.jpg
    Cylinder 1.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 38
  • Cylinder 2.jpg
    Cylinder 2.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 39
  • Cylinder 3.jpg
    Cylinder 3.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 41
Headspaces on the mouth of the case and the 9mm does not need a firing pin 'groove' none on the ones I have here now, I would be more concerned with the length of the gas ring seal (stud) on the front of the cylinder body, new models this ring is deeper (longer) and the old models it is shorter "stubbier" measure the over all length of the cylinder that is in your gun now, any new or spare cylinder should be the 'same" or even a tad longer so you can cut it back to match...........

CxG6tPEm.jpg

I recall the "firing pin " grooves are on the 'old model' .22 rimfires and the 45 colt cyls.... ;)

contender

Ruger Guru
Uhh, I agree with Dan here. Not all cylinders have the firing pin groove. We normally use the differences in the cylinder boss as the easiest correct indicator.

** NOTE; I just checked my .9mm cylinders to be sure my memory wasn't faded. The OM .9mm cylinders do not have a firing pin groove.

Last edited:

Bigbore5

Single-Sixer
My old model 45 doesn't have the firing pin groove. 1971 birthday.

When I fitted the new model acp cylinder to it I had to not only face off the cylinder boss, I also hab to take a few thousandths off the face. That cylinder now has a two thousandths gap after trimming about .005"

Last edited: