96/22 Mag

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hittman

Staff member
Local guy claims to have one for sale in mint condition. I know almost nothing about long guns.

Anybody here up on values and variations?

Only made in 22, 22mag, 17, and 44 mag and not that many years. I had a 22 and a 44 and they shot well, although triggers suck. I haven't seen any variation (caliber) go for under $600 if in excellent shape.

I still kick myself in the arse for selling my 44.

hittman

Staff member
Thanks Jimbo and Rumrunner ...... this seller is a tad out of my league. He's firm at $800.00 with no box, etc. I see a few on the auction sites that can't get a $700.00 opening bid.

He's also got a 44 Carbine that's a late one, most common variation, and is at $800.00 in it too.

Don't know about YOUR area but it's gotta be a pretty special / old / odd 44 Carbine to bring that kinda money in these parts.

dfletcher

Blackhawk
hittman said:
Thanks Jimbo and Rumrunner ...... this seller is a tad out of my league. He's firm at $800.00 with no box, etc. I see a few on the auction sites that can't get a $700.00 opening bid.

He's also got a 44 Carbine that's a late one, most common variation, and is at $800.00 in it too.

Don't know about YOUR area but it's gotta be a pretty special / old / odd 44 Carbine to bring that kinda money in these parts.

I picked up a 96/44 maybe 2 years back, it was $495.00 and looks new. With scope mounts. If they've jumped about 75% in that time I'm surprised. Happy, but surprised. GB allows look up of completed auctions, that would be a good way to find out how they actually sold.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
dfletcher said:
I picked up a 96/44 maybe 2 years back, it was $495.00 and looks new. With scope mounts. If they've jumped about 75% in that time I'm surprised. Happy, but surprised. GB allows look up of completed auctions, that would be a good way to find out how they actually sold.
Agreed but remember Gunbroker has a huge audience and usually has a very high average for price on gun sales. Local deals should almost always be for less than what you see on Gunbroker. :D