9.5 inch 8 shot 22 Hornet Super Redhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

NikA

Buckeye
Interesting. New model, export model, or prototype? Serial number is newer than 2014 but can't be looked up in the interactive form...

ETA: looked up 553-03250 and it's a SRH that shipped in 2020. Could be a new model.

Not sure why one would want a 22H revolver. Even 22M is a bit annoying to fire in a revolver.

5of7

Hunter
If I get a chance at one, I will buy it because it is gonna be what I call an instant collectable. I seriously doubt that many will be produced.

Onty

Single-Sixer
Merry Christmas an Happy New Year!

22 Hornet in SRH!? I don't get it!

Same for 22 Hornet in BFR https://www.genitron.com/Handgun/Magnum-Research/Revolver/BFR/22-Hornet/Variant-1.

For a while I was thinking about getting barrel and cylinder from S&W 648, ream cylinder for tad shorter version of 22 Hornet, and install on S&W 66. Unfortunately, mission impossible for shooters above 49-th.

Back to Ruger; 22 Hornet will be right in SP101 and Single Six. Flattop also. Ruger could make them in no time. Any larger revolver just doesn't make sense to me.

For the same reason 357 Magnum in full size Bisley didn't make sense. Sold it promptly.

JStacy

Blackhawk
I have a 9.5" in 44 mag and it weighs a ton !! With the little 22 size holes it the thing would weigh a ton +. I am sure it would fight that vicious recoil from the Hornet though !!

Johnnu2

Hunter
Just don't fall in the creek while carrying that gun under your coat.... you'll never come up...:)

J.

I just LOVE me some revolvers in "rifle calibers." As long as they're .22 LR, .22 WRM, .32 WCF, .38 WCF, or .44 WCF.

HOWEVER (Mike's REALLY BIG butt), that Redhawk is an interesting curio, for sure. Glad they made one, so we can all see it. Don't want one, tho (even in a "Jeep," which would make more sense, if it fit).

Neezer

Bearcat
Well it seems the person who took the pics may b a dealer based all the gun boxes lying around. Could we contact that person and see what type of info they may have on the situation.....cuz I can't find anything

Axehandle

Buckeye
The person is a dealer. A large volume Ruger dealer. He sent me the pics and asked me to see what I could find out about them. When I buy the ones I want I'll tell you guys where they are..

32magfan

Blackhawk
needsmostuff said:
32magfan said:
I know if they can do that... Ruger could make one in 327 Federal!!! :mrgreen:

32Magfan

YIKES !
The 327 GP-100 isn't overbuilt enough ?

It has nothing to do with "over-built" to me. 327 is not a sales star, no doubt but has a reasonable following with several SA and DA platforms selling in decent numbers. What I was saying is that if Ruger can make a SRH in 22 Hornet, surely they could justify numbers of making one in 327 Federal. I"ve only heard of or seen factory revolvers by Taurus and the previously mentioned BFR. I didn't know there was a mob pushing on the gates begging for a varmint gun that weighs 5lbs loaded. That"s all, I will now step down off my soap box. :D :D

32Magfan