9 1/2" Ruger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Cruised through the local shop today and came across a New Model Single Six with a 9 1/2" barrel. Decent shape, no box papers or mag cylinder. White outlined adjustable rear sight and yellow insert front sight. SN 65-46840. Has muzzle wear on the left side and a turn ring, other than that pretty nice. Tell me more about this revolver please. Are they common or hard to find? Also, no warning in the address. Bought it for a shooter and probably in to it a little much at $325, but will serve the purpose. :)

NR9001.jpg

NR9002.jpg

NR9003.jpg

NR9004.jpg

NR9005.jpg

NR9006-1.jpg

Thanks for the input!

Dave :D

mattsbox99

Hunter
Certainly not rare as Ruger still makes them, no billboard is nice but no mag cylinder detracts from the value. I'd say you paid on the upper end of reasonable, but not out of line.

americal

Hunter
Nice gun :) the barrel length is great for shooting :!: always found these Ruger's to be very accurate--you can find a mag. cy.may take a while :)

americal":3k5f3rlj said:
Nice gun :) the barrel length is great for shooting :!: always found these Ruger's to be very accurate--you can find a mag. cy.may take a while :)

I have been on the lookout for a 9.5" shooter for awhile. I don't care much about the 22mag cylinder at this time. I like the sights on this one. They don't seem to be standard NR9 sights, but I may be wrong. Nonetheless, these sights really appeal to me. I have had a couple of "Star" models in the past but never shot them. This one will be my 22 plinker. Now to get to the range. :)

Dave :D

hutchman

Blackhawk
FWIW, I just bought a new NR-9L for $399 in the Tri Cities. My guess is stuff is higher in your part of the state, so I think it was a decent buy. Bottom line for me is that if I am willing to pay the price, then it is a good buy.

flatgate

Hawkeye
I agree with Steve. Those 9-1/2" Single-Sixes are GREAT SHOOTERS!

I have a "customized" Old Model:
132835047.jpg

A "star marked" New Model:
132835046.jpg

And a 9-1/2" .32 mag.

All are really fun to shoot.

flatgate