8th Annual Ruger Forum East Coast Gathering

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bobski

Hunter
you guys aint that far from va beach. heck...the wife always wanted to go up that way again and see the lake. dont count me out.
i'll bring my match 45's and share with the gang some 50yd techniques.

geesh. all these years i couldnt never figure out why contender didnt answer me. stupid computers. :lol:

volshooter

Buckeye
I cain't speak of the number of folks attending nor the actual shooting because of a eye surgery a short time ago.
That said, the folks that were there, the friendly atmosphere and fellowship was outstanding and that is all that matters.
Didn't know there was some crap about who has the best. It was my first East coast gathering and nothing could ever come close to the event.
I and am sure everyone that made it will be back next year including me.
Who gives a yugo which one is better. The east coast gathering I got to go to was outstanding in every respect with a special note on the quality of those there. Ain't we all on the same side?

Thank every person last weekend for the fun.

contender

Ruger Guru
volshooter,,, you have mistaken things a bit. As did I,,,,,,,,,,,,!
bobski has a shotgun shooting match a wee bit further north & west of me. It's NOT a competition between us. We both had a SNAFU!!!!!! He somehow got me on his "ignore" list,, and I mistook his questions as being a bit intrusive.

ALL is good and remember,, it's ALL about enjoying shooting, fellowship, having fun,, and of course,, eating good food!

Oh,, bobski,,, Va beach,,, well,, it's still a bit of a drive. I'm in the mountains,, well away from any coast. But,, by all means,,, if you want to visit,, the welcome mat is out!!!!!

bobski

Hunter
always planned on it. maybe some day.
got some kin up that way. who knows.

for everyone else, i stick around this website because its one of the rare sites where everyone gets along. the 3 homes i have each have different servers, and ages of computers. im able to post here now because im in mo and i have DSL, even though im on an xp.
7 in va. dial up va.
and each computer has its odd quirks.
whenever i log in or do a spybot check....settings change. sometimes i never know whats going to be waiting when i log in. so is the case with contender. seems for a few years he got clicked into ignore. i didnt do it! these AI machines did.
alls well now. tomorrow? who knows!
heck...life is too short to hold grudges. if shooters fight it out, we are lost as a group.
im as laid back as it comes.

volshooter

Buckeye
Thanks big guy, I thought there was some riff.
Again I thank you and all in attendance for the southern welcome.
I look forward to next year. While its only a bump over 2 hours drive I would really like to stay for the full event.
I promise I wont hide any accent, hell, I didn't know what I was walking into. Had to be ready to adapt.

Volshooter did you hide your accent when we met at the cannon shoot? I don’t remember any accent! I was having too much fun-BOOM! The people at all the gatherings I have been at (East and West), have been regular good guys and girls! :)
gramps

volshooter

Buckeye
Yes I did try to hide any accent. Sorry bout that. I do have some higher education but I'm am what I am. Jeff Foxworthy had a joke about accents. Dad was career army so I was exposed to many accents and non English words/phrases. My mother said Germain was my first language since my babysitter was one. Only when I'm very comfortable does the real come out. I've always managed to fit in with any English speaking group excluding New Englanders. Weren't many of them around.
We spoke Appalichain in our home. That will get you laughed at in most places so we tried very hard to hide the hillbilly.
I visited a friend that moved to OR, those were great folks but they gathered just to hear my accent that I had not learned to cover at that time. Just last year in SC of all places I was surrounded by folks from New England wanting to hear me talk.
Eastern parts of Kentucky, TN and west NC all sound similiar. No big deal, just trying to blend in till I figure out the crowd.

contender

Ruger Guru
It's funny you bring this up about accents.
My Dad was big on manners, proper poise, and speaking. (He had a dance & charm school prior to WWII.) And while we were raised here in the Appalachian mountains,, myself & my siblings were all taught to speak "properly" and our accent wasn't as pronounced. In fact,, I often confuse folks who expect me to be from somewhere else.
But,, when I wish,, I can really get into a deep, southern hillbilly accent. Miss Penny gives me the dickens when I do it, because I'm usually doing it for fun. But a person should be accepted no matter how the sound. And as you saw here,, no problem,, be yourself!

volshooter

Buckeye
Dadgum fine post Contender!
I was taught to hid as much as possible in order to not be judged. My folks were not HS educated.
Dad had a degree before he left the Army.
Dadgun TV shows back in the day portrayed us as ignorant rubes.
Hiding who I am, naw, just a hillbilly chameleon until I get comfortable.
It has allowed me to blend in amany places. Some places that a feller like me would have been unwelcome otherwise.
Think of it as the ultimate camo.
Manors were drilled into me from the get go.
I have to use spell check or look up words so ya'll can understand what im a talking bout.

We all have masks

Latest posts