8th Annual Ruger Forum East Coast Gathering

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Shirt and pants required but no shoes....

If you've never met Contender, you'll figure this out when you get there.

(be sure to pick up your brass.)

My wife just laid down the law to me and said I could not install a wood stove for a customer on Friday because it is going to be 89 degrees and I would be too tired on Saturday at the Ruger Gathering. So, she's making me take Friday afternoon off so I can rest up. for it.

Looks like two of my chimney sweep friends who live up the road from Contender will be showing up on Saturday.... I'm tempted to email a guy here in town and see if he is interested in riding up with me...

contender

Ruger Guru
Well,, most of the Gathering is in the books. Many are leaving out early to avoid the traffic issues.
Another GREAT time had by all,, !

THANK YOU CONTENDER AND MISS PENNY!!!
Another great "GATHERING"!!! Lots of shooting, both guns and the breeze. Nice to see old faces and meet some new.
1175 total miles driven. On the road a total of 19:10. Chris and I left Forest City at 2230 and I arrived home at 0700.

contender

Ruger Guru
Glad y'all made it Frank! I still think you could pick an easier route!

Total number of attendees this year was only 12,, but 3 of those folks were new!

Great time was had by all I think. My two buddies from a ways north of Contender's place (Lenoir N.C.) came down and had a hoot shooting and learning.... we had a good time shooting steel and running his course a few times... the big news for me is I've figured out another thing I was doing wrong in my shooting..... it was obvious on the paper targets that just about all my 2nd shots were to the left... and when I was shooting the steel I would miss about every 4th or 5th one... it was where my finger was on the trigger. I would let it slip out a bit to were I was pulling with the area closer to the tip and this was causing the hitting to the left.... this becomes obvious if you use a red dot on your pistol and use the iron sights and then watch the dot when you pull the trigger with your finger in different places.... My new Sig P320 compact with the factory red dot shows this.

I did not take a lot of pictures and the videos I shot kind of show how bad we were shooting... between Contender's curving bullets and those dern steel disk that have the ability to dodge the bullets it was kind of embarrassing .... here are three pictures followed by a youtube video of me shooting the course with my Sig P226.

Me shooting..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKNIuOms6Ag

contender

Ruger Guru
bobski,
First off,, what does it matter how many folks showed up? We all had a good time.

BUT,, if you read my last post,, I ALREADY mentioned how many attended.

Are you trying to compare my Gathering to your event? It's not a competition or anything. It's just a fun get together,, born out of the fun one started many years ago in Texas,,!

bobski

Hunter
hey! i just figured it out. you were on my ignore list.
im not bothering anyone. and im not comparing anything. im trying to see if there was growth over the years.
i really am interested and still would like to come some day.
trust me. i know my place on this site. 99% of you guys are pistol and rifle.
heck....the 2 attendees that came in 8 years off RF to my place isnt any threat to any meet anywhere. that alone is worth a giggle.
ok, off ignore for now. all fixed. thanks.

Cholo

Staff member
contender, you ran a 1st class show as usual, and you and Miss Penny outdid yourselves once again! Thanks for everything! Enjoyed the late night banter Friday night! :)

contender

Ruger Guru
Ok bobski,,, I understand now. Gee,, not many have put me on their ignore list! :D :D

As for attendees, & growth. We have been pretty steady at around 15-18 for several years,, but this year,, we lost 4 regulars due to things beyond their control! They will try to return next year.

Cholo,,, we just enjoy having y'all visit! We've made many good friends around here. Glad everyone who was able to come had a good time!

Latest posts