8-Shot .357 Redhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RVM45

Bearcat
Friends,

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2017/01/26/shot-2017-new-ruger-redhawk-8-shot-357-magnum-revolver/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=2017-02-04&utm_campaign=Weekly+Newsletter

I came by a video showing a Factory Ruger Redhawk with an 8-shot cylinder. Unfortunately the first one has a 2" or 2.5'' Barrel. Short barrels don't make a lot of sense with the .357 and a Redhawk with a 2.5'' Barrel would feel like trying to carry a concealed grapefruit.

Does anyone know more about this? When will it be available? When will longer Barrel lengths appear?

Did y'all hear the story of the hillbilly boy discussing his lessons with his father?

"No son, Pie are Not Square. Cornbread are Square. Pie are ROUND."

Someone needs rush the word to the manufacturers of Revolvers.

"Revolver are Not Square. Semiauto are Square. Revolver are ROUND.

I hate—loath actually—flat slab-sided Barrels on a Revolver. Ruger has been guilty occasionally, Taurus and a few others…

But Smith and Wesson is the most egregious offender with their 8-shot 627 and they don't even offer a Round Barreled Version.

I'd only buy one if I were rich enough to have it Re-Barreled before I even shot it for the first time.

I like the Redhawk and hope that I get the money together to buy one of the 8-shooters with a 5 or 5.5'' Barrel in the Historical Future.

While I'm bemoaning—I'm sure there are a certain number of people who shoot a great deal of .45 ACP through semiautos. The rims of .45 ACP cases sometimes get a bent rim that disqualifies them from further service in a semiauto but are irrelevant in a SA Revolver—and it grieves some people not to get all their moneys worth from their cases…

So there are bound to be folk who'd like to be able to buy a .45 ACP Blackhawk without having to pay $100+ for an extra cylinder in .45 Colt that they will seldom if ever use…

Those EMF Revolvers are pretty nice—though nowhere near as strong as a Ruger—but I'd like to be able to buy 9mm, .44 Special and .45 ACP without having to buy a largely irrelevant cylinder in .357 Magnum, .44-40 and .45 Colt—those are all fine cartridges but like the candy bar commercial…

"Sometimes you feel like a nut (or second cylinder) Sometimes you don't."

Any other broadsides against the firearm industry?

No, I'm good…

For the moment.

…..RVM45 8) :roll: 8)

hittman

Staff member
http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2500

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=248250

Maybe more info here .....

RVM45

Bearcat
Thank you.

I used to go by the forums frequently but not so much the last 6-8 months. I forgot the principle of searching before posting. :evil:

……RVM45 8) :roll: 8)

hittman

Staff member
No worries on my end ...... enjoy the reading ...... we appreciate your participation!

k22fan

Blackhawk
RVM45 said:
[...] Unfortunately the first one has a 2" or 2.5'' Barrel. [...]
I hate—loath actually—flat slab-sided Barrels on a Revolver. [...]
But Smith and Wesson is the most egregious offender with their 8-shot 627 and they don't even offer a Round Barreled Version.
I'd only buy one if I were rich enough to have it Re-Barreled before I even shot it for the first time.
I like the Redhawk and hope that I get the money together to buy one of the 8-shooters with a 5 or 5.5'' Barrel in the Historical Future. [...]
While it was not as long as you want S&W cataloged a 4" round barrel version of their 8 shot Model 627. The rear of its cylinder did not have clearance for moon clips and the chambers were not chamfered. It was marketed as a "production line" revolver that was lower priced than other Model 627s which were Performance Center competition revolvers. Unless Ruger makes what you want it probably is your most affordable round barrel DA 8 shot .357.

eveled

Hawkeye
I agree that I don't like the slab side barrels. Here is the 627 with the round barrel with the stock grips. It really is a pleasant gun to shoot. I was looking for a .357 Redhawk when I found the 627 used.
627617003_zps6c577cf1.jpg

With its little brother. I guess the 327 is a slab side but just barely.

1445649266_zpskymhffbz.jpg

Latest posts