8 Shot 327 Blackhawk Evolution

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Axehandle

Buckeye
The Bisley grip frame will not fit the 327 unless the little ears that extend into the back of the cylinder frame are ground off... For some reason I was thinking that I'd only see this on the NM meduim frame Blackhawks. Since I choose to not modify my Bisley grip frames at this point in time I dug out a set of Eagle Sambar Stags that was in the parts box. Added a Bowen target rear sight... Started putting the Brownell's cold blue on one of the sight blades that Bill Fowler sent me last year... The 130s may need a little taller front blade..
001-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

jazzman

Single-Sixer
I hope to pick up my 327 blackhawk this week providing they have not sold it yet at my favorite gun store. I like the rosewood grips but must say those sambar stags really give a nice look to your gun. Quite the inspiration,

Jim

peyton

Single-Sixer
I am new to Rugers, can you take a close up picture of the "ears" you are talking about please and post it. Those grips look great.

CraigC

Hawkeye
Held one in my hands yesterday. Have to say that the weight is not near the issue I expected it would be. I think the extra holes in the cylinder certainly helps. The new laminated grips are also pretty good, much better than the old African rosewood monstrosities. Was tempted to bring it home but the new 22/45 with the 1911-style grips tugged at me a little harder.

Those two photos would look a lot better if you did a little color correction on them. Way too blue!

I spent a few minutes on one of them but you have to do the other one!

Gregg

327.jpg

Axehandle

Buckeye
I could spend a little time fixing the pics but then.. I have the real thing... :p

Consecutive SN SBHs? Dang! That is what happens when everybody knows your business... Does help keep you on track... :D

Latest posts