7th Annual Ruger Display Show, Boise ID - Photos & Results

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lovemydals

Buckeye
I'm a bit tardy getting this out. However, in my defense, PhotoBucket was not very cooperative & it took what seemed like forever to upload the photos from this year's show.

First & foremost, "Thank You" Hank & Susan Green for your hard work with this year's show! There is a lot of "behind the scenes" work that takes place long before the show weekend arrives that we the displayers never see. As in past years, another successful show! This year was the biggest ever with fifteen displays presented by eleven displayers traveling from Alaska, California, Utah & several locations in Idaho to be judged under Ruger Collectors Association (RCA) judging rules, People's Choice Award, Most Educational & the show promoter. Also joining in on the fun were RCA & Ruger Forum members who traveled down from Washington & Oregon.

The following are photos from the 7th Annual Ruger Collectors Display Show in Bosie Idaho (January 9 & 10, 2016)

Ruger Row. The white chain & stanchions added a nice touch to the show. Classy!

Following are the top winners for each category;

Under Ruger Collectors Association (RCA) judging rules, top honors went to the following;

1st place Novice Class went to the "The Early Years, Factory & Optional XR3 Grip Panels 1953-1962" display presented by Gary W

1st place Intermediate Class & Most Educational Award went to the "Ruger M77 Rifles" display presented by Matt J

1st place Advance Class went to the "Single-Six Revolver Consecutive Numbers" display presented by Steve A

RENE Best Ruger of Show (BROS) award went to the "H.H. Sefried II Single Shot Ruger Pistol" display presented by Scott B. A very rare piece of Ruger history!

Peoples Choice Award went to the "50th Anniversary Consecutives Sets" display presented by Hank G. Initially, there was a three way tie between the following outstanding displays; "Ruger M77 Rifles" presented by Matt J, "Sturm, Ruger & Company Speed-Six Double Action Revolvers" presented by Dennis C & "50th Anniversary Consecutives Sets" presented by Hank G. After a random drawing, Hank's display bubbled up to the top.

Show promoter Lewis Clark Traders judging results;

3rd place winning display was "50th Anniversary Consecutives Sets" presented by Hank G

2nd place winning display was "Ruger M77 Rifles" presented by Matt J

1st place winning display was "Single-Six Revolver Consecutive Numbers" presented by Steve A

Best In Show winning display was "Sturm, Ruger & Company Speed-Six Double Action Revolvers" presented by Dennis C

Group photo of the winners of the show promoters judging;

In addition to the above, below is what I'm calling the "Honorable Mentions" category. These are in order of their assigned display number.

"Elmer Keith s/n 15527 Prototype Super Blackhawk Revolver" display presented by Steve A

"Common Western Guns" display presented by Marlin

"Sturm Ruger In The Beginning, Tools To Guns" display presented by Greg H

"Sturm Ruger Rare Pairs" display presented by Greg H

"Ruger Over/Under Shotgun 20 Gauge Made For Orvis" & "Ruger Two Of A Kind Single Shot" display presented
by Randy G

"Sheridan Air Guns" display presented by Randy G

"Ruger SP101 The First 20 Years 1989 through 2008" display presented by Terry T

"Sturm, Ruger & Company 200th Year Firearms" display presented by Dennis C

"Unique Collectables" display presented by Shawn L

Group photo of all the Ruger Collectors & enthusiasts enjoying a weekend of Rugers, fun & fellowship;

I'm hoping that I covered all the displays (all fifteen "outstanding displays"). Just in case I didn't, I apologize in advance.

A really big THANK YOU goes to Hank & Susan G for their efforts to make this show a reality. Also, the displayers deserve acknowledgement as well. I don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to next year's show.

Enjoy everyone!

lmd

flattop44

Buckeye
GREAT pics and displays!! That was a great showing of some very fine and rare Rugers! Congrads to all the displayers for their hard work and promoting our hobby!!
FT44

OldRugerMan

Blackhawk
Good Job Dennis :!: Thanks to Hank and Susie (and others) for a great show and thank you Dennis for being the "Official" photog :!:

Excellent job Dennis. Already looking forward to it next year. Loved meeting all you guys and getting to visit with the ones I've gotten to know over the last few years. Really appreciate Hank and Susie's efforts. All the stuff that is handed out is worth making an effort. Mine is the poorest but people still had trouble keeping from picking up several different guns. What is really obvious is that I'm more of an accumulator than the collector these guys are. But, I wanted to give people a taste of what I considered the kinds of guns that are popular out west, for the guys that go out into the bush and the woods, hunting, fishing and just tramping around but you need a gun with you and Ruger makes a variety of the guns that people frequently use for that.

RugerBoi

Single-Sixer
Well, here I am, dragging up the rear again....Thank you so much Hank and Susan for the wonderful show! And thank you Dennis for the great photo's. Greg

El Numero Uno

Buckeye
Great effort; hats off and congratulations to all the displayers. I gotta wonder about that guy(Gary) with all the stags nailed to a board. You would think he would have enough XR-3 framed single actions to put them on and display the Rugers! :lol:
Hey; just pulling your leg. They do look better on the board than that pic I saw a while back with them all piled in a box.

Terry T

Buckeye
I wanted to add a few photos of my display - kind of had to look down more into the cases to see the special SP-101s. :shock:

The number and quality of the displays at this show were amazing. :D
Terry T