7mm Partition Bullets by Nosler

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Chief 101

Hunter
Can anybody here afford Nosler Partitions at over a buck a bullet? and that is for the mighty .284 140grainer. I used thems and the 175grainers in the 7mm RM to take down the mighty Wapiti for many years and quite successfully but at the prices today I am sure I would never have tried them. If I had a bolt action 7-08 these would be my go to for about anything. My question is, does anybody regard Partition bullets enough to pay the going price, even if they were available, which they are not?

Johnnu2

Buckeye
I don't buy anything that I feel is overpriced. There is always an alternative... it may not be "perfect", but it will do the job.

J.

Seminole Wind

Bearcat
I use them in a Remington XP 100 and have taken a few deer with excellent results. It's not that I think other bullets wouldn't get the job done, I just like the confidence premium bullets give me. I bought a good supply when the price was not so high. If I had to buy them at today's price, I would probably go with a standard bullet like a Sierra Pro Hunter, IF they were available.

Robb Barnes

Hunter
Luckily I have enough stuck away that I don't need to buy any for the rest of my life but the 140 Partitions are what my 7mm-08 lives on and the 150 Partition is the only bullet my 7 Mags have ever seen.

noahmercy

Single-Sixer
For decades, the Partition was the gold standard; a bullet that would expand at very low velocity, yet retain enough weight and sectional density to penetrate well even if driven at very high velocity. Nothing has changed, and they are accurate in many firearms. Since they are not a bullet many would use for punching paper, they are worth every penny. How silly would one feel if he spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on a hunt and then got one shot at a great animal and it ran off because he tried to save a quarter or two on a bullet and it failed to expand or overexpanded and failed to penetrate to the vitals?

gunzo

Buckeye
Partitions have always been priced about double of cup & core.

I don't plink with them, but hold them in high enough regard to pay for & use them when it really counts.

Chief 101

Hunter
The reason I posted this thread is because I have leftover a couple of hundred of the 140gr Partitions in 7mm and maybe offering them in the Classifieds for sale or trade...

kmoore

Buckeye
I use them in 7mm rem mag and 7mm wby mag. 150 and 160 grain if elk hunting. As mentioned, they have always been about 2x the cost of normal cup and core bullets. I also load them in .30, .338, .35, and .375 calibers. For practice I use cup and core bullets. But nowadays there are hard to find, and I am trying Barnes and Hornady GX bullets also.

Latest posts