77 MK II 7mm saum

Help Support Ruger Forum:

pheasant

Bearcat
Does anyone shoot one off these, does the 22" barrel work well? Any good loads? Found one in stainless steel with a black stock.

picketpin

Buckeye
There may be ammo right now but this one of many of the Short/fats that is going to go the way of the buffalo. It will always be around but it won't set the world on fire and shortly other than Reminginto NOBODY will be chambering it.

The fact that it's ballistically so close to the 280 Remington is the actual problem. Nothing wrong with it but on the other hand nothing to really recomend it. It was designed to work with the short barel with the correct powders so, YES it will work just fine with the 22" barrel.

One or two of Remingtons and Winchester short and super shorts will survive and the rest will soon be gone.

Exactly the same thing is going to happen to the Ruger propritary rounds.

Ross

hawk_driver

Single-Sixer
Velocity wise, mine runs more like my 280AI with a 24" barrel. My 7mm SAUM M-77 has been running 140 NBT's at 3100 and 120 TSX's at a hair under 3300. I just got this rifle a few months ago and really havent done a lot of shooting with it. These two bullets have both been running in the .7-.8 range as far as accuracy at the speeds I posted.