77/44

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gunman42782

Hunter
The shop I work at has one, and dang I really, really like the gun. Stainless, perfect size for deer hunting around here, but the price tag is crazy! $650! I just can't see paying anywhere near that for this gun. Ruger, like a lot of others, seem to be pricing themselves out of the realm of the working Joe.

Hank in Indiana

Bearcat
I bought a new stainless at Christmas for $535 in southern Indiana. Another local gunshop was selling them for $545. I don't know why they would be so high in KY. Good luck.

Jack2427

Bearcat
Double wide in God's Country and/or Sandland
I have an almost mint 77/44 I paid $300 for about 18 years ago. My only complaint is that I wish I could find a synthetic stock for it. It may be the nicest and easiest packing carbine I have ever had. I put a 45 year old Weaver K4 with a post on it and it groups 1.5-2" at 100 yards, I just can't shoot it too fast (I did re-bed the stock). I just tried it out with the new "Critical Defense" ammo and the rounds really move out and are almost as accurate-no significant difference for field use. It does not like non jacketed bullets and will throw most lead slugs much less accurately.

winchester37

Single-Sixer
just checked the price at a kansas dealer, NIB K77/44= $571

have a blue that shoots under 2" at 50 yards, new ss that is waiting for a scope to be tried, everything i've read says it will be as good.

try some of federal's 300 gr. hardcast....absolutely a slam dunk on deer to 90 yards(longest shot to date)

mike7mm08

Buckeye
Jack2427":353o68kw said:
I have an almost mint 77/44 I paid $300 for about 18 years ago. My only complaint is that I wish I could find a synthetic stock for it.......

Give Ruger a call. I bought a synthetic stock for my 77/44 direct from them. I had bought the blued version. The walnut was just to nice to hunt with so I swapped it out for the synthetic stock. I would of rather had a stainless one. Of course Ruger announced them about a month after I bought the blued. Never found a stainless one at a price I could live with. If I recall correctly the stock was around a hundred bucks.