77/44 availability??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jessejmc1979

Bearcat
I just found this forum and it seems pretty informative. I have a redhawk 44 mag with a 7 1/2" barrel, and am looking for a new 77/44 to go with it. My dad has one from the last run (I think his is a 2000 or 2001) and am just chasing my tail. Does anybody have any guesses as to when ruger is going to make their next run on these? I have talked to three gun shops here in nw wisconsin and they all told me their distributors don't have them and don't have any guesses as to when they will make more. Needless to say I'm on the backorder list at two dealers. :D Thanks for any info.

jessejmc1979

Bearcat
one place is $545 and the other is $560. All of them I've seen are 600+ on gunbroker, plus shipping and transfer fees. I'm not in a huge hurry so I can just wait it out.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
jessejmc1979":q18voeeu said:
one place is $545 and the other is $560. All of them I've seen are 600+ on gunbroker, plus shipping and transfer fees. I'm not in a huge hurry so I can just wait it out.

Supply and demand. They're in short supply so the prices reflect that. If it's that important to have one, the extra $60 isn't that bad.

jessejmc1979

Bearcat
I understand the supply and demand thing. I don't need it tommorrow or anything so to save a little money I can wait. I just found out that one of the shops I am on the backorder list is meeting with one of his distributors on monday and hopefully he will have a guesstimate as to when ruger will roll the next batch of them out.

jessejmc1979

Bearcat
I hear you blkhawk I would love to find one used but I haven't ever stumbled across one. It sounds like you got a great deal though. How do you like it? Is your's stainless or blue? I think the 44 is the perfect "woods" caliber, and having it in a rifle to match my redhawk would be awesome.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Mine's walnut and blued steel - not a big fan of synthetic/stainless - it just lacks that nice classic class IMO. Embarrassed to say, I haven't even tried it yet. It came with the rings but I opted to get one of the New England Custom Gun rear aperture sights for it. I like it! Likely gonna get one or two more for some #1's sitting here.
Didn't really need the 77/44 but at the price...Actually have toyed with seeing what it would take to have it become a 77/41.

jessejmc1979

Bearcat
My dad has a 1.5-4x scope on his but I think I'll put a reddot on mine when I get it. I really like peeps but I have pretty bad eyes and it's soo much easier with a little "help". That would be a pretty cool project to make that a 41. I don't think it would be too bad for cost. But I'm not a gunsmith either.

44rugerr

Single-Sixer
Before Ruger began reproducing the 77/44. The put out a few make-up guns which were blue/synthetic, from leftover parts. I have 2 NIB.

jessejmc1979

Bearcat
Rub it in stan that's nice!!! That's a really nice looking rifle. When did you get that? What loads are you going to shoot in it? Hopefully I'll hear something soon on mine. I ordered one on tuesday so whenever they get in I've got one. But the waiting might kill me :D

Stan in SC

Bearcat
I shoot 240 grain jacketed and cast.It has had a silver 3X9X32 Bushnell put on it since that photo.I picked this up several months ago from the original owner with original box(pictured).I've also picked up two extra magazines.It is so light it is just a delight to carry and shoot.
Thanks for the kind comments. I think it is almost the prettiest rifle I have ever owned.

Stan