77/357 and 77/44 Question(s)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bocash3

Bearcat
Howdy.

Sometimes cute odd-balls attract this old geezer. A year ago, I purchased a 77/357. Am happy with it for what it is: a plinker w/ open sights. I just wish I could have gotten it with a walnut stock.

On a side note, I had a bad experience with a 77/22 Hornet years ago. Expecting 2" or better accuracy at the shooting bench, it failed miserably. (I am a picky reloader for several Hornets). Groups were more like shotgun patterns. I am not a fan of the 2-piece bolt as a result, but am not demanding such accuracy out of the currently owned .357 model.

Question 1: Is a Ruger walnut stock available for this .357 model.........or will a 77/44 stock allow a "drop-in" fit?

Question 2: Have seen possible evidence that Ruger has discontinued both of these models. However, the Ruger Web Site still has both listed.

So.................is Ruger still making both or just eliminating stock?

Thanking y'all in advance, Bo

Alan in GA

Single-Sixer
What better way to burn up all the 38 Spl and 357 ammo a guy accumulates!? I had a 77/44 and sold it after enjoying shooting it at the range, and to fund a 77/357 stainless I now have. I also think stainless looks great in walnut. Factory walnut stocks are available again.

rangerbob

Buckeye
bocast, about your comments on the 22 Hornet and accuracy issues. I had a client that I loaded Hornet ammo for (1500 rounds) and he had my rifle smith to rebarrel his M77 to obtain the accuracy he was seeking. Now, how about a 77/41 or 77/327 for us oddballs. Bob!! :mrgreen: