77/222 Carpenter Tech- price help

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I have one of these that I am thinking of selling. Can't find any recent info here or on GB.
It is pretty much new with box and all that was included. Did have a scope mounted briefly, and fired minimal rounds.
would appreciate any help on value.
cal

hittman

Staff member
Oh boy I'm gonna show my ignorance here but … :(

What is it?

It was a special run for the company that supplied stainless steel to Ruger. I forget what anniversary of company, maybe 100 years.
They were for the employees.
I'll try and get pics for those that haven't seen them.

nrobe50

Buckeye
This came from another forum from a couple of years ago......

RUGER MODEL 77 MARK II IN RARE, UNCATALOGUED .222 REMINGTON CALIBER!! (NOT A TYPO.... .222 REM. CALIBER!) THIS BRAND NEW IN THE BOX EXTREMELY COLLECTIBLE RIFLE WAS MADE BY RUGER AS A COMMEMORATIVE ESPECIALLY FOR THE CARPENTER TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION IN READING, PA, WHO IS A SUPPLIER OF THE STAINLESS STEEL FOR RUGER BARRELS. THESE GUNS WERE MADE IN A LIMITED RUN OF 2440 PIECES, AND THIS GUN IS #1720 OF 2440. THE GUN IS ALL STAINLESS STEEL, WITH HIGH GRADE SPECIAL ENGRAVING FROM THE FACTORY. THE FLOOR PLATE IS GORGEOUS ON THIS GUN! IT COMES WITH THE RUGER FACTORY SCOPE RINGS (STILL IN THEIR FACTORY PACKING), ALL PAPERWORK, AND A SPECIAL HAND-TOOLED LEATHER SLING WITH STAINLESS SWIVELS, WHICH IS ENGRAVED WITH THE VARIOUS COMPANY LOGOS OF CARPENTER TECHNOLOGY THROUGH THE YEARS FROM 1889 UNTIL 1996. ACCORDING TO RUGER COMPANY INFORMATION, THEY HAVE NEVER CHAMBERED ANY OTHER MODEL 77 RIFLES IN .222 REMINGTON CALIBER, SO THIS IS ONE OF THE RAREST RUGERS EVER MANUFACTURED. IF YOU ARE A RUGER COLLECTOR, THIS IS ONE YOU DON'T WANT TO PASS UP!!

They are a beautiful rifle. Those are the prices I remember, but wondering if they have gone up like everything else. I guess if none have sold recently, no way to find out!