77/22 Scope and Rings

Help Support Ruger Forum:

smackdab22

Bearcat
Hello,
I would like to mount a scope on my 77/22. I have a Nikon 3-9x40 on a 10/22 and that seems to be working for me. I'm hoping to use the same scope and the Ruger rings supplied with the 77/22. I am concerned with the bolt to scope clearance using the Ruger rings with a large scope.

I would appreciate knowing what other people are using for scopes, rings and/or bases.

Thanks in advance.

45flattop

Single-Sixer
Leupold Ultralight 3-9X33nnEFR in Ruger medium height rings to be on the safe side for clearance here; I did have a Leupold 2-7x28mm in the low rings that came with mine however but I went larger for a wider field of view, and for the adjustable parallax via the front scope bell. hope this is some help.

I'm using the factory rings with a moderate sized scope on my 77/22 and the bolt handle kisses the ocular bell when cycled. You can measure and figure the clearance or simply do a test fit. Remember that during actual cycling, the bolt handle has some "wiggle" and you may desire space for your fingers.

artey

Single-Sixer
Only scopes I have used that clear with LOW rings are Leupold's ultralights and older rimfire scopes, havent tried new Freedome line. The rimfire specials and last gen ultralights had a 1.4 in ocular housing. The Weaver classic line will clear the but the bolt just barely rubs.