77/17 Stocks

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wilkie_3

Bearcat
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum but not new to Ruger. I want to buy a 77/17 stainless soon and would like to know if I will be able to set it up close to how my 10/22 is set up. I would really like to know if there is an aftermarket stock that I can put a 20" bull barrel into? I have not been able to find anyone who makes one, maybe someone here can point me in the right direction. Another option would be the all weather stock, but will I be able to put a .920 barrel into it or does it have to be modified?

Thanks for the help, I look forward to reading your replies.

9x19

Hunter
The factory stocks can be modified to accept the .92" bull barrels, most folks use a wooden dowel wrapped in sand-paper to evenly widen the barrel channel.

SD Handgunner

Bearcat
Not a 77/17, but I have a Ruger 77/22 with a 20" .920" Bull Barrel set up in a Volquartsen Stock that I slightly modified.

CustomRuger7722-1.jpg

I did have to remove a slight amout of wood from the bottom or the barrel channel to completely free float the barrel. I also did some reshaping of the buttstock and pistol grip area of the stock (and still need to do a bit more to suit my tastes).

Otherwise I have been totally pleased with my stock.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?p ... ber=791085 has the Volquartsen Stocks listed (Brown Laminated or Black / Grey Laminated) but are currently out of stock. If you go to that link yo can enlarge the photo to get an idea of what the Volquartsen Stock looks like.

Larry

Pokerpot

Bearcat
Boyd's gunstocks are inexpensive and look very nice. You'll have to do a little work to finish it but it's nothing you couldn't figure out.

DSC_0019-1-1.jpg

Latest posts