'73 Single Six Cylinder - Help Please?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Marcruger

Bearcat
Hi Guys, My buddy asked me to help him with a cylinder he inherited. It's a Single Six cylinder, like new, no turn ring, in its red pouch and white outer box (a bit yellowed). Serial number 21-557XX. I think that puts it in 1973. What I don't know is which cylinder it is. It is recessed for rims, no relief ring for the firing pin, no external roll-engraved indication of caliber. I do see an indication of a "throat" in each chamber. The "last three" of the serial are on the face of the cylinder. No wear on the front boss or rachet, so I don't think this cylinder was ever used. Can you folks give me a fair idea of price and which cylinder I am dealing with here? Many thanks and God Bless, Marc

308longdistance

Blackhawk
OM22cylinders.jpg

Marcruger

Bearcat
Hi Folks, Many thanks for the excellent information. It is identical to the one shown at above at right. So it is a Magnum cylinder, which makes sense. Being fluted and non-rollmarked, does that make it an OM cylinder? Also, since he wants to market it, what would be a fair price? Is $60.00 in the ballpark for one in 100% shape? Best wishes, Marc

308longdistance

Blackhawk
Fluted 22mag. cylinders were Old Model and early New Model cylinders.

The serial number you reference is for a 1973 OM single six. I would think $60 + or - some is in the ballpark for the cylinder.