7.62X39 Ranch Rifle/Mini 30 Accuracy Review

Help Support Ruger Forum:

arky65

Bearcat
My dad bought a new stainless steel Mini 30 a couple weeks ago, so I loaded up 20 rounds and topped it with a hand me down Millet Red Dot, set up the rest and bags and start shooting. Got it on paper and shooting less than 1" at 25 yards, no big feat. So I back out to 100 yds. 1st shot. is 6" low and .5" left make elevation adjustments, 2nd shot 10" high and 1.75 right. Make elevation adjustments 3rd shot is 6" high 1" right. make elevation adjustments. 4th shot .75 low .25 left, 5th shot .75 low .5 right. shots 6,7,8 all clustered with shots 4 and 5. Overall shots 4,5,6,7,8 were just over 1" group. I stopped shooting due to darkness.

Load was 27.5 2230-C, 125 soft points, and IMI cases. I do not recommend this load and it may not be safe in your weapon!!!!

Well I am impressed, little thing can really shoot. Trigger is kinda 2 stage but once you take up the creep I"m guessing it is around 4lbs. or less. Fit and finish is not as good as I would expect for $830.00, but I have not purchased a new in the box rifle in years, so maybe this is what to expect these days. The rifle came with 2 20 round mags a set of 1" rings and a picatinny rail. Called Ruger and they sent a new set of 30MM rings free of charge.

Now I got figure out a way to mount a scabbard on the tractor so it is handy.

DGW1949

Hunter
I'm glad that you are liking the rifle.
Ruger's Mini does in fact have a 2-stage trigger.
I realize that you're using an optic, but keep an eye on that little screw which holds the factory rear sight on...they've been known to vibrate loose.

I tried a Google search for "rifle mount for tractor" and got 349,000 results.
I'm guessing that something there will work for you, or at least give you some good ideas.

Hope you find something here useful.

DGW

groberts

Single-Sixer
arky65 said:
My dad bought a new stainless steel Mini 30 a couple weeks ago, so I loaded up 20 rounds and topped it with a hand me down Millet Red Dot, set up the rest and bags and start shooting. Got it on paper and shooting less than 1" at 25 yards, no big feat. So I back out to 100 yds. 1st shot. is 6" low and .5" left make elevation adjustments, 2nd shot 10" high and 1.75 right. Make elevation adjustments 3rd shot is 6" high 1" right. make elevation adjustments. 4th shot .75 low .25 left, 5th shot .75 low .5 right. shots 6,7,8 all clustered with shots 4 and 5. Overall shots 4,5,6,7,8 were just over 1" group. I stopped shooting due to darkness.

Load was 27.5 2230-C, 125 soft points, and IMI cases. I do not recommend this load and it may not be safe in your weapon!!!!

Well I am impressed, little thing can really shoot. Trigger is kinda 2 stage but once you take up the creep I"m guessing it is around 4lbs. or less. Fit and finish is not as good as I would expect for $830.00, but I have not purchased a new in the box rifle in years, so maybe this is what to expect these days. The rifle came with 2 20 round mags a set of 1" rings and a picatinny rail. Called Ruger and they sent a new set of 30MM rings free of charge.

Now I got figure out a way to mount a scabbard on the tractor so it is handy.
So is the tractor yours or your dad's? :?